Galaxy Nexus POSSIBLE signal fix

HarjoKong

Reaction score
Shutdown and remove the battery for 30 seconds. Fixed? Mine is. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Some have luck removing the sim card for a bit as well. Glad the battery deal worked for ya!

Ed ke6bnl

Reaction score
I lost reception at my house after working good, I called Verizon and I was instructed to remove battery and the sim card for one minute and after reboot it did not work and they referred me to a tech. by the time he was on the line the phone was working better then it had in the past.

MR H3LLMAN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
goo-inside.me
Just to explain this a bit, on non 4G phones we always dialed *228 to update roaming/prl. If we do this on a 4G phone things get messed up. This old *228 process is done automatically every time your phone starts up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

KeepItReal

Reaction score
i was told to use *22899 which is the "fast" path to updated the PRL on a phone without pressing either "1" or "2" when you dial *228 by itself. A brief message appeared on the screen stating that the update had occurred. However, this is just for updating towers in your area. Honestly, from what I understand, *22899 does not do much and is not really necessary. It only works if in your area a new "group" of towers are created in your area and you need to add that groups towers PRL's. This rarely to never happens. In your area, you are already in a "group"; if they add a new tower to that group you automatically get access to it without doing *228.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

eagle923

Reaction score
This works for me every time at work. I seem to lose cellular signal (voice, not data) after a switch from WiFi to 4g or back. After a battery pull I get voice back.

Is this something they can fix via software? Its getting annoying to have to reboot my phone to talk on it.

MR H3LLMAN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
goo-inside.me
Not to my knowledge as devices require a restart for the new prl version to take effect. Also, I wouldn't use *22899 or any variation of that on the GNex. From what I understand it is actually harmful to your sim card if you do. I would contact Verizon directly if you have done so and are having issues.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Wadzii

Reaction score
My orignal gnex didnt have any signal issues at all.. then i smashed it. It took 3 different NEW replacements from asurion before they got me one that could hold a 4g signal. After talking to several people at verizon I have come to find out that it is a very common complaint and they will replace it as many times as it takes to get a working phone.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
My orignal gnex didnt have any signal issues at all.. then i smashed it. It took 3 different NEW replacements from asurion before they got me one that could hold a 4g signal. After talking to several people at verizon I have come to find out that it is a very common complaint and they will replace it as many times as it takes to get a working phone.

hmmm... a little lacking in QA I'd say... :blink: