Galaxy nexus or droid razr?

OP
Droid annoymous

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
In doing what tasks?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Loading apps razr was faster loading browser and sites razr was way faster benchmarks and quadrants razr was demolishing the nexus so it made the nexus seems slow as hell and i thought without bloat phones are faster and the razr has alot of bloat ware so why is it faster then the nexus??

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Loading apps razr was faster loading browser and sites razr was way faster benchmarks and quadrants razr was demolishing the nexus so it made the nexus seems slow as hell and i thought without bloat phones are faster and the razr has alot of bloat ware so why is it faster then the nexus??

first quadrant benchmarks mean jack. Also quadrant was not even optimized or updated for ics so comparing the two in that department is pointless.

Second....browser speeds are largely dependant on connection strength.

I doubt there is any difference in speeds loading apps. I'd like to see this video you are referring to.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
also. Admittedly stock nexus is not gonna blow folks away....except for the ics factor. I personally do not have long load times as some videos depict. I'm not sure how familiar you are with 4.0.3 roms in particular codename, but I can assure you that its much better than stock 4.0.2. I am willing to bet its faster in some ways than a raze. I'm sure a razr would likely be faster at some things and some not. Its two different operating systems.

Each phone has its unique characteristics... which allows consumers to choose based on their preferences.

I personally like vanilla experience and the display and os on the nex. I also am extremely happy with the support and dev community. The features the nex has that the razr does not. And the ability to unlock...and flash custom roms and kernels.

OP
Droid annoymous

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
also. Admittedly stock nexus is not gonna blow folks away....except for the ics factor. I personally do not have long load times as some videos depict. I'm not sure how familiar you are with 4.0.3 roms in particular codename, but I can assure you that its much better than stock 4.0.2. I am willing to bet its faster in some ways than a raze. I'm sure a razr would likely be faster at some things and some not. Its two different operating systems.

Each phone has its unique characteristics... which allows consumers to choose based on their preferences.

I personally like vanilla experience and the display and os on the nex. I also am extremely happy with the support and dev community. The features the nex has that the razr does not. And the ability to unlock...and flash custom roms and kernels.

Since you have a nexus could you take a few pictures and share so i can see how well the images look and take a photo of your phone if possible

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Since you have a nexus could you take a few pictures and share so i can see how well the images look and take a photo of your phone if possible

seriously? There is a thread for this. Pictures are great if you know how to take them. focus first..then snap. I personally think they are better than the razr photos.

Gimme a minute..Ill post some up. I cant take a picture of my nexus with my nexus....thats like trying to touch your ear with your elbow...aint gonna happen.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just tried to touch my ear with my elbow lol.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just tried to touch my ear with my elbow lol.

Rofl. Funny.

Pics here
IMG_20120121_165654.jpg

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
That pic came out pretty good actually.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
the problem a lit have with the nex camera is they don't focus and it has zero shutter lag...so you need to touch to focus...hold still when you snap...if you are shaky...its gonna blur

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
the problem a lit have with the nex camera is they don't focus and it has zero shutter lag...so you need to touch to focus...hold still when you snap...if you are shaky...its gonna blur

What I found was ok for taking pics was to use both hands. I held the phone in both hands, I used the finger on my left hand if I needed to refocus and the finger on my right hand to take the pic. I could hold it kinda steady this way too. Some kind of auto re-focus would be a nice update.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What I found was ok for taking pics was to use both hands. I held the phone in both hands, I used the finger on my left hand if I needed to refocus and the finger on my right hand to take the pic. I could hold it kinda steady this way too. Some kind of auto re-focus would be a nice update.

4.0.3 has auto focus;)

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
you need to ask this question in non biased forum. Here you will get nexus replies, in razr forum you will get razr replies.

alboboy10

Reaction score
4.0.3 has auto focus;)

I keep reading that 4.0.3 is better. Does that apply for the one that's going to come out for not rooted phones as well or is 4.0.3 good for other reasons?

surge

Reaction score
I have a Xoom and received the ICS 4.0.3 upgrade. It is nice, but it is not a must as far as i'm concerned. I'll keep my Razr, the pure Google experience is over rated.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited: