Galaxy nexus or droid razr?

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
im stuck between getting the droid razr or the galaxy nexus i would most likely go with the nexus but the 5mp camera is like really -_- why isn't better so i would like opinions from people who have either phone or who got to play with them.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

CrimsonTide55

Reaction score
I would get the nexus but if you end up getting the RAZR I would get the RAZR maxx. Its got a huge battery in pretty much the same form factor

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Both are good phones & each has things I like & I don't... It really comes down to what you expect from your phone and how it feels to you... Have you had a chance to mess around with either?

~it's not just a phone~

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can not go wrong with either to be honest. What do you want in your device. If you want that industrial feel with higher build quality with tons of options and accessories then the razr will be your best bet. If you want pure google, limited bloatware, the newest version of android, and a wide open device to root and rom then go with the nexus.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are not going to root, hack or modify your phone and want a solid out of the box experience I would say the Razr. My girl has it and has had no problems with with, it works great. Data connection, GPS, screen, build quality all great. Camera isn't that good on either phone though. If you want a phone with a good camera get the Rezound.

The encrypted bootloader on Motoroloa phones make bricking your phone super easy, if you are going to root and install custom roms. There is no manually booting into recovery from a bootloop, you cannot install custom kernels, and roms like cm7 and miui are harder to develop for these encrypted devices. Its a SOB.

I dont have the Nexus, but every Samsung I have owned has been complete junk with broken radios.

I am going back to HTC myself for my next phone. Those have always been the all around best for me.

prowler85

Reaction score
I totally disagree about the camera though. Look in the Nexus Pictures thread and you'll see that it takes fantastic pictures. My wife has a Razr and it takes the typical (crappy) Moto picture. Their sensors are, and always have been, crap. The Nex on the other hand takes fantastic pictures. Unless you are going to be blowing your phone pictures up to 16x20, 5mp is plenty. The quality of the pics is far more dependant on the sensor than on the megapixels. The one thing I've found is if you want a really good pic, you have to manually focus the first shot. After that you can snap in very rapid succession and they all come out great. The reason it didn't compare well at first is because it takes a picture so fast, it is often before it has had time to focus. Manually focusing fixes that.

But which phone you want depends more on your needs and desires. Just don't decide based on the number of megapixels.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes I agree, mega pixels don't generally matter. Its the quality of photo that the device takes. The Razr's camera is just not good, which is weird though cuz my Bionics seems to be ok. The photos are colorless as grainy on my girls Razr.

prowler85

Reaction score
Wow, my bionic took pictures that were identical to my DX....that is to say crappy. Typical Moto camera - fantastic outdoors with good lighting, crappy for everything else. I took this shot in a very dark nightclub last weekend and totally blew the pictures from my wife's Razr away.

View attachment 46166

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Can't go wrong with either. The thing that turned me away from the Razr was it's screen (green tint) and also it felt awkward to hold, felt extremely wide.

alboboy10

Reaction score
In this case...5>8.
720p screen. 4.65 inches. Newer os. Will always be updated. If you want a two year phone the nexus is the better choice in my opinion. Plus it feels better in my hands. Idk about you but I have normal sized hands and the razr as nice as it was, felt like a flat tile. Thin, wide...can't stand the form.
The nexus on the other hands despite the larger screen feels better in my hands.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea....it really depends on what you want. Both are great at what they do best, great in their own way.

And I also say at this point in time, I would be choosing between the maxx or g nex if I were you. Unless you really like or want the thinner phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
Droid annoymous

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Both are good phones & each has things I like & I don't... It really comes down to what you expect from your phone and how it feels to you... Have you had a chance to mess around with either?

~it's not just a phone~

No i have not

OP
Droid annoymous

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
I think ill most likely go with the nexus i just want to play with both phones before i purchase one but i only seen the dummy versions that you cant even play with it