Galaxy Nexus not connecting

Lanmonster

Reaction score
I have installed the drivers on my computer but when I plug my phone in, it doesn't recognize it.
I used to be able to recognize it when usb debugging was disabled but when I turned it on, it disappeared.
Please help

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have installed the drivers on my computer but when I plug my phone in, it doesn't recognize it.
I used to be able to recognize it when usb debugging was disabled but when I turned it on, it disappeared.
Please help

I'm taking a guess here but when you plug your phone on your computer you should be able to set it to PC or Mass Storage if it's a Mac. That's the way most Android phones work.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well the Nexus is finicky in this dept. It doesn't have a USB mass storage option - some hate that, others love it. But that's a discussion for another thread...;) To the OP, have you tried walking through Wugs toolkit?

You might check in your Windows Device Manager for any Android devices that have errors. If you see it, right click, properties, update driver, look on your system, find the Samsung one and apply. Those instructions are poor because I'm going off the top of my head, but if you can get it that way, it'll probably work. But try Wugs toolkit first... :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

joyu

Reaction score
Try settings, storage, menu, USB computer connection. You can try both settings, at least one of them should work with your computer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well the Nexus is finicky in this dept. It doesn't have a USB mass storage option - some hate that, others love it. But that's a discussion for another thread...;) To the OP, have you tried walking through Wugs toolkit?

You might check in your Windows Device Manager for any Android devices that have errors. If you see it, right click, properties, update driver, look on your system, find the Samsung one and apply. Those instructions are poor because I'm going off the top of my head, but if you can get it that way, it'll probably work. But try Wugs toolkit first... :)

Thanks I appreciate the response I wasn't sure what the deal was with a Nexus.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks I appreciate the response I wasn't sure what the deal was with a Nexus.

Yeah it's weird... it's one big partition. I guess the benefit is your "sd card" is never tied up, so to speak - you can move stuff on and off without interrupting phone usage. But if you factory reset, it wipes it all... I personally don't like it, but I'm sure there are technological reasons beyond me that make it "better". Plus I'm just not used to it... and not always comfortable with change. :)

OP
L

Lanmonster

Reaction score

I followed the instructions but when I get to the part where I have to configure the drivers, it says that there are no drivers installed. But, When I install the samsung drivers, it tells me that they are already installed...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I followed the instructions but when I get to the part where I have to configure the drivers, it says that there are no drivers installed. But, When I install the samsung drivers, it tells me that they are already installed...

I'm on my computer now, so see if these instructions make more sense...

In the device manager , find the Android device that has an error. Right click>update driver software>browse my computer>let me pick from a list>android usb devices. Once there, on the left half, select "Samsung Electronics as manufacturer" (hopefully it's there). On the right side of the same screen, select "samsung android composite adb interface", or a similarly worded option. Then hit next and apply and hopefully it works... I *think* you'll want your device plugged in while you're doing all that.

*fingers crossed*

jpnestel

Reaction score
I had an issue the other day. Had to turn off force fast charge then it worked. Hope u get it figured out

OP
L

Lanmonster

Reaction score
I'm on my computer now, so see if these instructions make more sense...

In the device manager , find the Android device that has an error. Right click>update driver software>browse my computer>let me pick from a list>android usb devices. Once there, on the left half, select "Samsung Electronics as manufacturer" (hopefully it's there). On the right side of the same screen, select "samsung android composite adb interface", or a similarly worded option. Then hit next and apply and hopefully it works... I *think* you'll want your device plugged in while you're doing all that.

*fingers crossed*

When I go to device manager, my phone doesn't show up as an android device. It says other devices---->Galaxy----->MTP
both have yellow triangles

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I go to device manager, my phone doesn't show up as an android device. It says other devices---->Galaxy----->MTP
both have yellow triangles

Try one (or both) of those... the Nexus is an MTP device by default when it plugs in.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know what I did, but I got it to work!

Good deal! I don't know why, but I've always had issues with Samsung phones/driver... always had to do some "roundabout" work to get them working right... who knows. Glad you got it working!

mcmuggy

Reaction score
turned off my fast charge from my kernel settings menu and it worked for me.

W

whotheheck

Try a different MicroUSB Cable

I solved my problem with the PC not detecting the Nexus by switching to a different MicroUSB cable (The one for my Blackberry) and the second I did that the phone was detected by Windows.

Of course I had the Samsung drivers installed and also went into the phone's settings and enabled the debugging