Galaxy Nexus Not Charging

OP
StephenC

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
I've been using it about as much as my RAZR and I am quite shocked at the battery life. I even have the extended battery. Also, picture messages send quite slowly. I thought I'd be more impressed with this phone.

Reaction score
My old Alley would stop charging whenever it gets warm (like me using google maps and playing music at the same time). Are you doing anything else with the other other than just having the phone at idle and charging it.

OP
StephenC

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
My old Alley would stop charging whenever it gets warm (like me using google maps and playing music at the same time). Are you doing anything else with the other other than just having the phone at idle and charging it.

No I charge it at night. Not the best thing for it, but its better than me using the mess out of it while it charges.

shrink123

Reaction score
FIXED

I had the Exact same problem...mine was hardly able to charge 50% frm night till morning AND WAS SHOWING NOT CHARGING!!..I took it too the samsung SERVICE

CENTRE THEY TOLD ME IT WAS AN ISSUE WITH THE HARDWARE....YOU NEED TO CHANGE THE PORT FLEX CABLE... FOR REFERENCE-----

http://www.parts4repair.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus-charging-port-flex-cable/

THEY CHARGED ME 15.66$ ONLY. HOPE IT HELPS YOU TOO
THANK YOU

rosarioL

Reaction score
Unfortunately my story is not a happy ending one.

After Samsung Online "Support" said they've never heard of a problem like this (BS!) I ordered the mini usb circuit and replaced it in my phone (as the ifix it web page says: Fixing possibly damaged USB charging port - Samsung Galaxy Nexus - iFixit)

It worked perfectly but after two months it started with the same problems I had before (not charging, not connecting to the PC, etc)
I'm absolutely dissapointed with this phone, because it worked ok for 4 or 5 months ONLY.
I'm definetly going back to APPLE!

FIXED

I had the Exact same problem...mine was hardly able to charge 50% frm night till morning AND WAS SHOWING NOT CHARGING!!..I took it too the samsung SERVICE

CENTRE THEY TOLD ME IT WAS AN ISSUE WITH THE HARDWARE....YOU NEED TO CHANGE THE PORT FLEX CABLE... FOR REFERENCE-----

http://www.parts4repair.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus-charging-port-flex-cable/

THEY CHARGED ME 15.66$ ONLY. HOPE IT HELPS YOU TOO
THANK YOU

Reaction score
See this is exactly what I feared would happen when Verizon got rid of their 1 year plans. I had a one year plan with my droid x and of course something went wrong with the phone but luckily I got it replaced for free. My samsung started the not charging problem after about 6 months but I got it replaced for free. The thing is when I got the Samsung they forced me to sign up for 2 year contract so from here on until January I'm on my own. Sucks. Pay $300 for my next phone and sign a deal with the devil or pay WAY too much for the phone out right and leave the one year service work up to the phone manufacturer, which means send it back to the factory go without a phone until they send me another 1 vs just simply walking into Verizon and walking out with a new phone. Google has shown that the the pricing of phones has been WAY over blown by the carriers after seeing how cheap the Nexus 4 is sold for. They said my Galaxy Nexus cost $700 when I bought it back in Jan 2012!!! No freaking way a cell phone should cost as much as a good laptop.

shrink123

Reaction score
take ur phone to a proper authorized servive centre, instead of online support they... disassemble the device right in front of u and show u the issue. mine is working absolutely fine after the service its been more than six months now!