Galaxy Nexus Not Charging

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by StephenC, Dec 14, 2012.

1. untoothedyouth

untoothedyouth New Member

Awesome info shrink. Thanks!
  2. rosarioL

rosarioL New Member

Unfortunately my story is not a happy ending one.

After Samsung Online "Support" said they've never heard of a problem like this (BS!) I ordered the mini usb circuit and replaced it in my phone (as the ifix it web page says: Fixing possibly damaged USB charging port - Samsung Galaxy Nexus - iFixit)

It worked perfectly but after two months it started with the same problems I had before (not charging, not connecting to the PC, etc)
    I'm absolutely dissapointed with this phone, because it worked ok for 4 or 5 months ONLY.
    I'm definetly going back to APPLE!

3. untoothedyouth

untoothedyouth New Member

See this is exactly what I feared would happen when Verizon got rid of their 1 year plans. I had a one year plan with my droid x and of course something went wrong with the phone but luckily I got it replaced for free. My samsung started the not charging problem after about 6 months but I got it replaced for free. The thing is when I got the Samsung they forced me to sign up for 2 year contract so from here on until January I'm on my own. Sucks. Pay $300 for my next phone and sign a deal with the devil or pay WAY too much for the phone out right and leave the one year service work up to the phone manufacturer, which means send it back to the factory go without a phone until they send me another 1 vs just simply walking into Verizon and walking out with a new phone. Google has shown that the the pricing of phones has been WAY over blown by the carriers after seeing how cheap the Nexus 4 is sold for. They said my Galaxy Nexus cost $700 when I bought it back in Jan 2012!!! No freaking way a cell phone should cost as much as a good laptop.
  4. shrink123

shrink123 New Member

take ur phone to a proper authorized servive centre, instead of online support they... disassemble the device right in front of u and show u the issue. mine is working absolutely fine after the service its been more than six months now!
Search tags for this page
galaxy nexus charging issue

galaxy nexus not charging

galaxy nexus not charging fix

galaxy nexus only charges when off
galaxy nexus stopped charging
nexus 3 not charging
nexus s not charging
samsung galaxy nexus charging problem
samsung galaxy nexus is not charging

samsung galaxy nexus not charging

samsung galaxy nexus will not charge