Galaxy Nexus Marketing Materials Starting To Appear At 3rd Party Verizon Retailers!

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
So everyday the mythical Galaxy Nexus seems to be one step closer to being in our hands. Today these posters started popping up at 3rd party Verizon retailors. So that Nov 28th rumored release date doesn't seem so far fetched anymore..

galaxy-nexus-vzw-poster-650x520.jpg

Last edited:

Willyammer

Reaction score
Perfect timing, if it comes out on the 28th - I should be out of the country. One benefit is many of the problems and kinks will have been found by the time I get back.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Certainly I realize that this is more Google hyping up ICS than the Nexus itself but regardless I hope they aren't upping people's standards too high, otherwise they're going to leave a lot of them disappointed. It's kind of like when Froyo came out. People overhyped it and overhyped it...when it finally showed up on my phone I was like, "Meh..."

markwebb

Reaction score
If true, perfect timing. My NE2 eligibility is that weekend: Thanksgiving. HTC Rezound, MOTO Razr and Galaxy Nexus are some serious choices for me!:D

Last edited:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Certainly I realize that this is more Google hyping up ICS than the Nexus itself but regardless I hope they aren't upping people's standards too high, otherwise they're going to leave a lot of them disappointed. It's kind of like when Froyo came out. People overhyped it and overhyped it...when it finally showed up on my phone I was like, "Meh..."

[video=youtube;VeZ8sfJjoRI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeZ8sfJjoRI[/video]

combatmedic870

Reaction score
wow....im going to have to try this out! glad i waited to get the rezound on the 15th due to the better return policy!

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
***Repeatedly bangs head into wall while repeating, "i hate black friday!"*** :furious::furious::furious:

Ahem, now that i got that out of my system i need to come up with a shopping plan on that friday. I will not be denied!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
***Repeatedly bangs head into wall while repeating, "i hate black friday!"*** :furious::furious::furious:

Ahem, now that i got that out of my system i need to come up with a shopping plan on that friday. I will not be denied!

I suggest you wear some defensive gear.

techRob

Reaction score
What are the odds that VZW will do a legitimate Black Friday / Cyber Monday sale with this phone? :tongue: ....that would make waiting the extra week-ish worthwhile (as it was to by "my calm" this weekend)

porkbrains

Reaction score
I work closely with a major retailer's marketing department, so i am under no illusions as to corporate decision maker's intelligence. However, what WOULD be a smart approach with the release of this phone would be to release it on Wednesday before Thanksgiving. A release date of the 25th would be truly promotional with zero marketing cost. It would put the new OS and flagship in the hands of the early adopters, who would not be able to stop playing with the device and bragging about the new features (and would be more capable of explaining them than CSRs) while they are with their friends and family over the holiday. The holiday that just happens to be the day before the biggest shopping days of the year...

...But that's why I'm not in charge. Corporate types don't appreciate it when you make too much sense.

Still, judging from the leaked marketing timeline for advertising the Nexus beginning on the 28th, perhaps this will be the case.. Free advertising for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, then go after the folks that aren't friends with/related to geeks like us.

::Fingers crossed::

Sweettooth

Reaction score
In response to the review link you posted tgyberg...

Well...I think it's safe to say I'm sold. Verizon, take my money now. kthxbye

Last edited: