Galaxy Nexus: Looks Like December Launch

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dezymond, Nov 22, 2011.

1. spdivr1122

spdivr1122 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    does anyone know if we are at least getting a preorder? i mean i know we still dont have a release date, but i kinda just wanna preorder it and get it out of the way

2. DawsonMobley

DawsonMobley Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does amazon wireless usually get new verizon phones the day they launch? I am well past my two year contract so it would be nice if I could save 50 bucks or so getting the nexus on amazon but I don't know if I can make myself wait if I know I can go to the verizon store and get it immediately.

3. zinethar

zinethar Senior Member

Ratings:
    +194
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 8
    MY Droid1 basically got filled up when the app updates kept getting a bit bigger and bigger. I took it back to stock - now it works again but is s l o w... I have been holding on to upgrade cash since i was eligible 11/16. The rezound looked great and almost sprung but didn't as I really wanted to get this phone. Thinking of buying an unlocked one and switching to ATT (fear at that thought) and run it on there. Other than ATT the 16gb was the original stopper. I could have had that phone in my hands by now. Why was i jumping ship when it appeared it was 16gb. I'm old - I remember getting my first 700MB hard drive and wondering how i could ever full it up. Took less than a year. These phones are locked in for 2! Sorry for the ramble - if not released by the 8th at the latest I'm gone from Verizon. No news IS their fault.

4. xCaldazar

xCaldazar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Still using a OG droid... *pouts in frustration*
    Verizon wants to sell more Rezound and Razrs...

5. INCREMENTAL

INCREMENTAL Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Yeah I'm non rooted, completely stock, phone is slow, battery last 3hrs of heavy usage. I want to root it and I might just do that this weekend until the GN. Idk much about all that but I have a buddy that has his D2 rooted and his is awesome so maybe I should do this until the GN comes out that way I'm thanking it will feel like I have a new phone until then. So thanks diggy, maybe u just sparked something in my OG and the 2 week wait won't feel as long :)

Sent from my Moto Droid

6. Dilligaf

Dilligaf Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I stopped by the mobile-phone booth @ Costco today while buying food for Thursday. The guy I talked to there is on Verizon and is also waiting for the G-Nex himself - he wants to replace an old HTC phone he's been using for a while. He also told me that the drop date was next month some time, mainly due to "software problems" - my guess is the same as yours - getting ICS to work on Verizon's LTE network.

I wasn't figuring on pulling the trigger until after New Year's because of all of the holiday BS and expenses anyway...my OG Droid is running great on GB 2.3.7, and I'd rather they get the Nexus mostly de-bugged BEFORE I fork over the cash, not after. Look at all the issues the Bionic is having...I'll pass on that drama, thanks.

7. Dilligaf

Dilligaf Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Definite +1 on this, I feel the same way...I *want* the Nexus but really don't *need* it yet - my OG is working fine. If yours is bogging down, I'd suggest CM 7.1 and Link2SD (remember to re-partition your SD card) - it's given my OG a definite second life.

8. Stormy Knight

Stormy Knight Member

Ratings:
    +4
    /qft

9. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,671
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    dead links, friend

10. pilot25

pilot25 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    They never should have announced the phone in Hong Kong. It would be nice if just one of these mobile companies had some sort of beta testing and quality control. Totally pathetic.

11. jcboget

jcboget New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm so close to just switching to AT&T or Sprint and getting a decent phone that will also get ICS early next year. Switching will get me the phone for just a penny over at Amazon. If it's not released by the 8th, I'm going to say eff you VZW and go elsewhere. According to head honchos at both Google and Samsung, the Nexus was supposed to be released "this month" (ie, November). Now it's December. I have little doubt that the "rumored dates" will continue to get pushed back in the January. When videos are released about Hitler ranting about the Nexus, VZW has to know they completely borked the release of this phone.

#83 jcboget, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  12. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,003
    The only drawback (which was probably predictable), is if the Nexus is having some ICS-related issues on VZW it will be just that much longer before VZW approves upgrade pushes to phones like the RAZR and so forth.