Galaxy Nexus: Looks Like December Launch

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I honestly think the LTE part of the equation is what is messing everything up. LTE is still in its infancy and causing issues. And ICS did have to be slightly modified for the LTE application over the other applications, so that is probably throwing a wrench into the works. Look at the other LTE phone problems that have happened with Verizon. Throw a new operating system on top of it and the issue is compounded.

I agree its something with the phones software/hardware that's the issue. Every 4g phone released has had lte issues, so it doesn't make sense that its only network. Definitely something with the software/hardware of the nexus.

But as I mentioned before, the only other conclusion that can be drawn is that this was vzws plan all along, but with the bug reports out there that doesn't really hold much water.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Well can always look at it this way, by the time it is released we may have more information on the Droid Dinara, which may or may not sway you're opinion. This phone too, is 'rumored' to be a beast. But have not seen any specs to date..

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well can always look at it this way, by the time it is released we may have more information on the Droid Dinara, which may or may not sway you're opinion. This phone too, is 'rumored' to be a beast. But have not seen any specs to date..

I haven't even heard of it til now.:D

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

True, think I'll still stick with the Nexus because it "should" be completely unlocked from the get go.

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Verizon has never said the Galaxy Nexus will be released on any date, so that means there has been no date that has been pushed back.

What is really annoying is when you pre-order a phone on the first day, put money down and then it's not released for a MONTH. Anyone who pre-ordered the Thunderbolt from Best Buy knows this pain. Oh yeah did I mention I had to look at it showing as "Available Now" every week for a month in Best Buys weekly flyer.

diggy488

Reaction score
To the ones with the dying OG Droids, is it due to hardware or software? Are you rooted? Every few months, I'll install a new rom and my OG is like-new again. And with the right kernel, it's amazing. It's because of this phone, I don't NEED another phone at the moment, but I 'want' the GN.
I appreciate the ability to root and manipulate the processor the longer I own this phone, as I realize how many non-rooting owners are currently struggling with their OGs, thinking it's dead. You all are missing out big time! Again, this is meant for the non-rooters. If it's a hardware issue, well, that's a different story.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Verizon has never said the Galaxy Nexus will be released on any date, so that means there has been no date that has been pushed back.

What is really annoying is when you pre-order a phone on the first day, put money down and then it's not released for a MONTH. Anyone who pre-ordered the Thunderbolt from Best Buy knows this pain. Oh yeah did I mention I had to look at it showing as "Available Now" every week for a month in Best Buys weekly flyer.

And this is exactly why I think they are going the route they are with the Nexus. To avoid another Thunderbolt debacle.

kdroyd

Reaction score
To the ones with the dying OG Droids, is it due to hardware or software? Are you rooted? Every few months, I'll install a new rom and my OG is like-new again. And with the right kernel, it's amazing. It's because of this phone, I don't NEED another phone at the moment, but I 'want' the GN.
I appreciate the ability to root and manipulate the processor the longer I own this phone, as I realize how many non-rooting owners are currently struggling with their OGs, thinking it's dead. You all are missing out big time! Again, this is meant for the non-rooters. If it's a hardware issue, well, that's a different story.

Couldn't have said this any better. "To my OG Droid!"

:Cheers:

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
And this is exactly why I think they are going the route they are with the Nexus. To avoid another Thunderbolt debacle.

Debacle, that's a good word for it...lol. I used a few other choice ones when speaking to their customer service every week they released a new ad showing it as available and not having it in the store. But hey they gave me $150.00 in a gift card.

But I'm with everyones else, release the Nexus already!!!

L

leroybrute

At least Verizon let the boys over seas to be the testers. Other wise you would have it now and probably pulled tomorrow. How mad would you be then?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
How about getting phones to the point of "ready to go" and then announce and release? Crazy concept!!

spdivr1122

Reaction score
does anyone know if we are at least getting a preorder? i mean i know we still dont have a release date, but i kinda just wanna preorder it and get it out of the way

DawsonMobley

Reaction score
Does amazon wireless usually get new verizon phones the day they launch? I am well past my two year contract so it would be nice if I could save 50 bucks or so getting the nexus on amazon but I don't know if I can make myself wait if I know I can go to the verizon store and get it immediately.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
MY Droid1 basically got filled up when the app updates kept getting a bit bigger and bigger. I took it back to stock - now it works again but is s l o w... I have been holding on to upgrade cash since i was eligible 11/16. The rezound looked great and almost sprung but didn't as I really wanted to get this phone. Thinking of buying an unlocked one and switching to ATT (fear at that thought) and run it on there. Other than ATT the 16gb was the original stopper. I could have had that phone in my hands by now. Why was i jumping ship when it appeared it was 16gb. I'm old - I remember getting my first 700MB hard drive and wondering how i could ever full it up. Took less than a year. These phones are locked in for 2! Sorry for the ramble - if not released by the 8th at the latest I'm gone from Verizon. No news IS their fault.