Galaxy Nexus: Looks Like December Launch

Willyammer

Reaction score
Seriously, are y'all saying you would rather receive a premature, flawed device, or wait a little longer and get one that is right? Personally, I'll wait longer and take one that works right.
We're not saying that at all. What most of us are saying is COMMUNICATE! We're only looking for a release date and feeling disrespected by the silence. :angry:

alucard9114

Reaction score
Has there ever actually been an official statement that the Verizon version (note emphasis on Verizon) is going to have an unlocked bootloader? From statements that Motorola has made, Verizon is against bootloader unlocking.

Not official but would negate the fact that its a Nexus so educated assumption.:icon_eek:

webmastir

Reaction score
no surprise here. prob will be delayed past the 8th too..who knows but i can't even install any more apps no my pos og droid :angry:

Big Ry

Reaction score
This is BS. A delay for no good reason. God knows they aren't going to fix any of the "problems" with the phone in this 2-3 week delay period.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

alboboy10

Reaction score
What delay are you people talking about? When did they ever mention a release date for this phone.

Its all been speculations until now. This is the official release date if anything.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
I have said it before and i will say it again those who are not rocking a OG Droid or gulp...older you should stop crying.We OG Droid holders are hanging in there for the best everyone else is just spoiled :icon_ lala:

^ this is so true, my og is sooooo dead lol. As long as its out on the 8th I'm ok.

Sent from my Moto Droid

gkitab

Reaction score
I read about a hack to add a search button into the bottom bar if we could only get rid of the locked in search widget at the top we would be set. I know there has not been a official date but this is still getting ridiculous. If I wait and they lock the bootloader that would be some s@#t. I stopped at verizon today cause of my impatience and the rezound looks might fine. Not that many care but it takes 8mp widescreen pics instantly. I was pleasantly surprised and the screen is awesome. I'm starting to cave. This is killing me. Maybe they're throwing a 8mp cam in it and thats causing delay..........haha. Verizon is killing me. They should call this phone Bionic 2. Could they be delaying it deliberately so that by they time it released its specs are really depreciated so people don't buy and they dont have to deal with the nexus as much, since its not their bloated baby. Oh and imagine if they did throw some bloat on it. This delay is crazy!

Big Ry

Reaction score
What delay are you people talking about? When did they ever mention a release date for this phone.

Its all been speculations until now. This is the official release date if anything.

Umm, the phone has been released in Europe, so there has been a release date. The fact that we ( US VZW customers) don't have the phone yet is ridiculous IMO. This was supposed to be "our" phone, so we should have gotten it first.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Umm, the phone has been released in Europe, so there has been a release date. The fact that we ( US VZW customers) don't have the phone yet is ridiculous IMO. This was supposed to be "our" phone, so we should have gotten it first.

The system the phone is on in Europe is not the same LTE system as in America, so there are internals and programs that are different. And this was supposed to be "our" phone? Never caught that part of the equation.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
We're not saying that at all. What most of us are saying is COMMUNICATE! We're only looking for a release date and feeling disrespected by the silence. :angry:

That I can understand. The problem is it's a double edged sword. If they kept us up with everything and keep saying that they are delaying due to problems, that isn't going to help the sales here at all.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
The phone was announced in october, and is supposed to come out in december? Official announcement or not, the release was delayed. I find it hard to believe that anyone thinks google intended to have an almost two month delay between announcement and release.

That being said, can't wait for the 8th.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
This is BS. A delay for no good reason. God knows they aren't going to fix any of the "problems" with the phone in this 2-3 week delay period.

How exactly do you figure this? Are you on the testing teams? Are you involved with the programming and updates? Software issues can be fixed hourly. They can be fixed up to the day of release, also, so that as soon as the phone is activated it can receive the program update.

Please don't be so impatient as to make assumptions about things.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
The phone was announced in october, and is supposed to come out in december? Official announcement or not, the release was delayed. I find it hard to believe that anyone thinks google intended to have an almost two month delay between announcement and release.

That being said, can't wait for the 8th.

I honestly think the LTE part of the equation is what is messing everything up. LTE is still in its infancy and causing issues. And ICS did have to be slightly modified for the LTE application over the other applications, so that is probably throwing a wrench into the works. Look at the other LTE phone problems that have happened with Verizon. Throw a new operating system on top of it and the issue is compounded.

rayr0d

Reaction score
True, Verizon never pushed an official release date - I was hoping to add inventory in the arsenal for this weekend..

and I could see the frustration of those holding out .. more waiting ..

Just more time to decide which of the Hot 4G LTE is right for you - Honestly, whatever you pick - Its a Win - Win situation...

Happy Pickings!

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
True, Verizon never pushed an official release date - I was hoping to add inventory in the arsenal for this weekend..

and I could see the frustration of those holding out .. more waiting ..

Just more time to decide which of the Hot 4G LTE is right for you - Honestly, whatever you pick - Its a Win - Win situation...

Happy Pickings!

Tell me about it. I was really looking forward to a new phone over Thanksgiving. C'est la vie. I'll wait for something that won't be frustrating from the start.