Galaxy Nexus Hardware Issues...

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I did have 2 phones replaced.

1. severe battery drain/overheating
2. busted earpiece speaker (sounded like a kazoo)

Id still get another nexus if this one needed a replacement. Razr is boring to me and the rezound...well...cant stand senseUI after having 2 htc phones. Dont want another one.

Tas

Reaction score
I have only one problem with my GNex, the volume rocker is on the opposite side from the OG. After two years of the OG, going to the GNex, I keep turning the screen off when I go to change the volume. :) hahahha.

Beat me to it. Lol. The amount of times I went to change volume and shut off the screen. And the few times I went to open or shut the screen by pressing on the top. Too funny. Getting a little better each day as I hold this beautiful phone. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

MrKleen

Reaction score
Other than very poor signal I have no issues with this phone. I swapped out the first and I have been having better luck with the second as far as signal goes. I hope this will be resolved by software updates.

It is a dream come true if you enjoy using stuff created by developers. Nothing will compete with this phone soon!

phillyphill39

Reaction score
the only issue i have is that my headphones don't fit snuggly in the headphone jack. its not very big, i don't plan on using headphones that much or moving them to the point where it might be an issue unless i go running. But i love the gnex, i sold my iPhone 4s to get it.

b00sted

Reaction score
I am on my 3rd gnex, just a heads up if you think the screen on ur phone looks like garbage and there is no way it should look that bad.. it shouldn't return it and replace.. 3rd one was the charm!

OP
K

kinfolk248

Reaction score
yea i jus saw another volume rocker and headphone jack, and a cracked screen (idk if tht was a manu defect or not)

i just want a phone that will actually last two years or so because i dont have the money or patience for a crappy phone...!!!!

OP
K

kinfolk248

Reaction score
now im seeing posts about screens may be cracking from the phne overheating...

boy boy boy smh smh smdh...

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
You mean one post about the screen cracking from overheating - if that's even possible.

Keep in mind they are selling tons of these and when you go online you will see the worst issues.

I've had mine and it's performed and looks terrific. The screen blows me away. Yeah it can get hot but not hot enough to do any damage.

OP
K

kinfolk248

Reaction score
theres a big difference between warm and hot. a hot phone will do damage if its continuously getting hot which concerns me as i used one today and it indeed get hot to the point where i was like damn let me put this thing down...

hookerdj

Reaction score
to op this post is prime example if you are only getting 5-6 hours of use take your fone back there is a problem i get all day use using 4g all day!!!

Prepare yourself to carry a extra battery or two. If you don't want to turn off all the antennae and use the phone like it was meant to be then carry and extra battery.

You will get 5-6 hours if you are lucky. Read some newspapers, stream audio, etc. and the battery is dead before you know it.

What316

Reaction score
I thought my phone was running hot, so I did a little tweaking, and it seems to run cooler. Idle has been 68F. Average is about 80-85F. And watching youtube and whatever, it gets to 90+. I think that's pretty good for dual core and a pretty thin phone.

The battery has been better too. At first it drained really fast. I disabled the "back up my settings" and after I did that, battery life is great. I'm 16 hours in with 24% battery left.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
K

kinfolk248

Reaction score
to op this post is prime example if you are only getting 5-6 hours of use take your fone back there is a problem i get all day use using 4g all day!!!

yea its one thing if your battery life is short but if it cant make it to lunch then theres clearly a problem with your phone...imo

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Only thing plaguing the nexus right now, at least for some of us, is the reception. I am dropping calls and signal like crazy:angry:. They get that fixed and I really cant find an issue with this phone it literally will be the "super" phone we been waiting for.

bemenaker

Reaction score
now im seeing posts about screens may be cracking from the phne overheating...

boy boy boy smh smh smdh...

Try re reading what he said. He said he cracked the screen, then the crack grew larger when his phone got hot. Not that the screen cracked because it got hot. Words, you need to read all of them to understand what is said.

ffactoryxx

Reaction score
And, there ARE people who have had NO connection issues.

I would ask this question to people who live in the area you live in. I'm in Philadelphia and I've had beyond exceptional connectivity. The phone simply works, and works fast, everywhere I've been.

The phone is very close to perfect except for camera quality pictures, but that doesn't bother me in the least bit. If you're planning on rooting/rom'ing/modding, every single thing is fixable (I think) except the camera. There are new radios being released right now and people are reporting much better signals, but that remains to be seen, give it a few days.

I flashed a new radio and it seems different. I went down to the "true test" and went into a particular room where I've never once gotten reception, and it did. I'm steady getting 3 bars of 4g now too, but like I said, I wanna test it out a bit more since I've only checked it in my house. I'm travelling to NYC tomorrow so I'll keep an eye on it throughout the day and while driving up 95.

I live out in King of Prussia area and most places I get 2 bars on 4G and some places 4 bars. When i go inside places however the 4g quickly disappears and i get 3g. Have you been out in this area at all recently?