Galaxy nexus, 4 g speed test

zach9009

Reaction score
Okay, so whenever 4 g decides to actually work. I'm pullin numbers like this. However what really sucks is the other 99.9 percent of the time whenever I have 3g and I'm getting 1 maybe 2 mb download. Does anyone have else have splotchy coverage when on 4 g?View attachment 47186View attachment 47186

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Syraz

Reaction score
Thats pretty constant for me at home here in Portland, well except at work then normally get 20MBPS

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I don't understand the problem here. 3g is significantly slower than 4g so that's normal.

OP
Z

zach9009

Reaction score
Mine at home is like 2mbps download. But normally its 18-25 . But that's if it wants to actually work. I'm in springfield mo

OP
Z

zach9009

Reaction score
Problem is that this speed is when it actually works. Its is so topsy turvy. It doesn't Luke to stay consist ant with coverage

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Mine at home is like 2mbps download. But normally its 18-25 . But that's if it wants to actually work. I'm in springfield mo

do you get 4g at home?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Oh yeah! I get 4g about everywhere, except in middle of stores usually :)
Good to hear:)

Now for OP to answer. The difference in speed makes it sound like his phone switches to 3g since he doesn't get 4g there.

OP
Z

zach9009

Reaction score
Yep. Barely. Its spotty

Syraz

Reaction score
Good to hear:)

Now for OP to answer. The difference in speed makes it sound like his phone switches to 3g since he doesn't get 4g there.

yeah sounds like that is what it's doing 3g is VERY noticeable difference like that

milan03

Reaction score
I'm averaging in the 50mbps's peaking at 71mbps: [video=youtube;6rwsM7eHRYE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rwsM7eHRYE[/video]
8gHeC.png

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
There are so many variables that come into play with wireless data connections it could be one of 1000 different things. Distance from tower, how many people are on the tower and using it, problems with your device, problems with the tower, problems with the network....etc Most of which you have no control over, outside of moving to a different location (changing towers or getting closer to one). All LTE phones have various quirks when it comes to reception and data issues. 2mbps isn't too bad though, you should be able to do most things sufficiently at that speed, of course more speed is almost always better though hehe.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
There are so many variables that come into play with wireless data connections it could be one of 1000 different things. Distance from tower, how many people are on the tower and using it, problems with your device, problems with the tower, problems with the network....etc Most of which you have no control over, outside of moving to a different location (changing towers or getting closer to one). All LTE phones have various quirks when it comes to reception and data issues. 2mbps isn't too bad though, you should be able to do most things sufficiently at that speed, of course more speed is almost always better though hehe.
Also this.

Since your signal at home is spotty with 4g, most likely it's just switching to 3g. Honestly, if you're at home switch to wifi. You won't eat into your data if you're on a tier plan and it'll be faster, not to mention it's easier on the battery.