Galaxy Nexus 3 Pin Landscape Dock On Samsung Website

666ogre666

Reaction score
Yea I really want one but that price is crazy. One of the things that makes it so desirable is the fact that there have been a decent amount of reports of the USB breaking and I'd love to be able to use the 3 pins for charging and only use the USB in case of emergencies like having to revert to stock if something breaks.

TeeX

Reaction score
Yea I really want one but that price is crazy. One of the things that makes it so desirable is the fact that there have been a decent amount of reports of the USB breaking and I'd love to be able to use the 3 pins for charging and only use the USB in case of emergencies like having to revert to stock if something breaks.

I've not heard of anybody that had the usb port break. Where've you seen that?

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
No hdmi out, no thanks. I am glad those that got them are happy with them but it's hard to justify a 90 dollar price point when it's a glorified charger.

cleevis

Reaction score
I just read this thread on my way home from work. And just now, my phone won't charge. Jinx maybe?

captdroid

Reaction score
This dock is gone from Samsung's website. 404 page not found.

Last edited:

captdroid

Reaction score
This whole 3 pin functional desktop dock for the Galaxy Nexus has become silly. Think I am going with one of the portrait USB ones. Verizon has one part # SAMI515DOCK which is a portrait desktop dock that charges via the USB. But given Verizon's piss poor attitude when I called today one of their corporate stores inquiring about docks for the GN I am looking for alternatives that are cheaper then the $60 Verizon wants for this USB one and I would rather not buy what I need from Verizon given the attitude today. Any thoughts for alternative portrait desktop dock that charges using the USB port that works well with our Galaxy Nexus?

captdroid

Reaction score
Think I will give this one a try: Cradle Dock w/ Second Battery Charger For Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus SCH-i515 | eBay

Straight from Hong Kong and a poster in another thread said it worked good for them. Perhaps a Chinese manufacturer will knock off the car and desktop dock for the Gnex that uses the 3pins at some point since Samsung is being silly and Verizon is well... never mind. :D

View attachment 48039

And when the USB plug wears out from constantly use rather then using the 3 pins for charging instead then Verizon and Samsung can replace the phone under extended warranty! :D

Last edited:

captdroid

Reaction score
Decided to give the Seidio desktop dock a go. Got two of these... one for me and one for g/f. This one probably better for the g/f anyway since she sports a case on her phone and this dock should work with the case on the phone. It's the same part # as the Seidio Innodock Jr. for Galaxy Nexus just a few dollars cheaper :)

Amazon.com: Seidio Innodock Jr. Desktop Cradle for Google Nexus One and S - Cradle - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Had some Amazon points on my card so I ended up paying 30 bucks total for both with free 2nd day prime shipping. :biggrin:

OP
OriginalDroid

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
An Update

So, as many of you know, the dock no longer exists on Samsungs site, I got curious, after reading the review on droid-life and reading some of the comments I think I've figured out why the dock was pulled, apparently, stock Galaxy Nexus's on 4.0.2 will not convert to landscape mode when placed in the dock, but the problem is alleviated for Nexus's with 4.0.4.

So now we just need that OTA that was suppose to arrive 3 weeks ago and maybe we'll see this dock back out in the wild, hopefully with a price tag under $50 somewhere (don't fail me now amazon).