Galaxy Gear Specs

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What do you think of the specs of the Galaxy Gear? Anything you wish it had?

• Receive and make calls on the Galaxy Gear without ever taking phone out of pocket - Can call with S Voice "voice commands"
  • 1.63-inch OLED touch display
  • Dual-core processor
  • 4GB of storage
  • 512MB of RAM
  • Accelerometer
  • Bluetooth 4.0
  • Android 4.3
  • Smart Delay - allows you to connect to your other Galaxy devices
  • Memographer - outward facing camera to quick swipe a picture - Also works with Augmented Reality
  • Runs specifically designed apps that can be find on the Gear App Store
  • 1.9 megapixel camera
  • 315mAh battery - more than a day on one charge

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
What do you think of the specs of the Galaxy Gear? Anything you wish it had?

• Receive and make calls on the Galaxy Gear without ever taking phone out of pocket - Can call with S Voice "voice commands"
  • 1.63-inch OLED touch display
  • Dual-core processor
  • 4GB of storage
  • 512MB of RAM
  • Accelerometer
  • Bluetooth 4.0
  • Android 4.3
  • Smart Delay - allows you to connect to your other Galaxy devices
  • Memographer - outward facing camera to quick swipe a picture - Also works with Augmented Reality
  • Runs specifically designed apps that can be find on the Gear App Store
  • 1.9 megapixel camera
  • 315mAh battery - more than a day on one charge

Looking at the screen size, even 512MB may be more than enough RAM. Like that it has multiple device support (Smart Delay). That should be an interesting feature to see in action. I have that problem with several devices I carry/use, and having to "switch" between them rather than having them all able to work in unison. The camera is lacking, but really...where would you need more resolution in most cases? The swipe picture feature sounds interesting. I am curious how that camera integrates with the "Augmented Reality". I guess I have some research to do. I am disappointed in the battery life. I'd like to see something that can last a week rather than having yet another device I need to remember to charge daily...ugh! This needs an earphone plug so you can use it as your player too, for people who don't have Bluetooth Stereo headsets.

midgetgrimm

Reaction score
I have one. I would like more email functionality. Overall it's decent but definitely needs more features.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk