Galaxy Gear Price

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone thought of the $299 price tag the Galaxy Gear will have? The hardward looks pretty sound, but I was hoping we would see something under $200.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I can definitely find better ways to spend that kinda money. Unfortunately, I think the pricepoint of this device is going to hurt it, and big time. No one is going to pay $300 for just added convenience. It's definitely cool, but I can't find myself shelling out $300+ for an accessory. Man that even hurts a bit to say, $300 for an accessory.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone thought of the $299 price tag the Galaxy Gear will have? The hardward looks pretty sound, but I was hoping we would see something under $200.
$150 is the most I would pay and even that is a stretch. My thought is I can either pay samsung an extra $200 bucks to be lazy and look at a super amoled watch I have to cover with my hand to see when outside or I can save that money and reach in my pocket to grab my phone. I do think there is a market for smart watches though so will be interesting to see how this will do in that market.

J

JohnDroid

Its neat, a stand alone device would be cooler -- I'm worried about battery life. If the battery life is a couple days, I think the price is reasonable. If its a day then you have to charge it, no way.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Yeah I'm thinking ok add $50 maybe $179 or so but that's a little much for something I'm not going to use as often...plus I like taking my phone out..how else will I show it off..lol

N2 tap'd HD

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;Xdw1Lqn6OEA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdw1Lqn6OEA[/video]

yeah ill definitely have to pass

delcopa

Reaction score
Yep way too much i was thinking this or the kreyos which is 149 if preorder add 20 if not and it is water resistant which I'm sure Samsung isn't or would have been a great selling point!

Hard decision half price i can swim and still make calls etc or pay double lol.
Samsung you just killed your watch most expensive smart watch to date by like a hundred. Drop in half and you would own that part of tech.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No matter how expensive/inexpensive, no matter how much it'll do/not do, no matter how gorgeous/fugly it is it will inevitably get destroyed if I purchase one. I haven't been able to keep a wristwatch unbroken for more than a month since I was a teenager. I even broke the watch part of my heart rate monitor after only a couple of weeks of owning it. It'll sort of work but I can't change the time, settings, or anything that would need use of the upper right button..

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Notate

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I have the Sony Smartwatch now and although it sounds better than my Sony, that Price Tag is ridiculous. Wait a while till the Market is flooded with Smartwatches and then they have to get Competitive with Prices. That's when I will maybe looking at the Smart Gear 2.