G-Sensor not working in froyo stock, works with GB

tarheel23

Reaction score
Okay, now I'm back to stock... yippee!

However, now my g-sensor doesn't work at all. I was running some various GB based roms and it worked fine.

I even rerooted and loaded in 3 different GB roms and the g-sensor started working again.

When I unroot and revert back to stock Froyo, it does not.

Any thoughts?

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
What app are you using that takes advantage of the g sensor? Or is it just general like trying to rotate your device to change screen orientation?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
T

tarheel23

Reaction score
Yeah, it is just in general. I cant get anything to rotate at all. I have auto rotate checked. Tried it unchecked just to be sure.... really weird that it wont work on froyo.

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
Use a app from the market that uses the g sensor and if it works than we know it is just general but if it doesn't than you may want to sbf

OP
T

tarheel23

Reaction score
Okay, so I downloaded bubble level from the market. It does not move at all. Also tried to recalibrate the sensor after the download with the same results.

I am a little bit familiar with SBF, but not sure exactly what you are saying to try.

Can you give a little more detail about the SBF procedure and what exactly I will be SBFing?

Thanks for the help by the way.

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
go to Droid x forum's and the rescue squad and find the sbf computer .ISO don't use .exe this will be easier burn it to a disc and boot into it and sbf do a day of research to prepare yourself until you are a expert then do it knowlege is key my friend