g-mail not working!

hodzih398

Reaction score
My droids g-mail just doesn't receive emails anymore and i constantly receive them too. Its not just that I'm not receiving notifications, but I just straight up don't get them. If anyone can shed light on this it would be a great help. Thanks!

badz

Reaction score
Not sure if we are experiencing the exact same thing or not but for the 1st few weeks I had to the second updates for my gmail, literally hand in hand when I would receive something on my PC I would hear the notification on my droid.

Unfortunately this is not the case anymore and unless I click Settings > Refresh I don't get any updates at all :( . Anyone else have these issues? Is there a known cause for this? At first I thought maybe if I did not have strong enough 3G coverage maybe it would be the problem, but I am in the Long Island area and I can't imagine over the past 2-3 weeks I haven't been in a strong 3G spot.

Though less important, I've noticed the same issue applies with the Facebook app and the lack of updating. Even afterr manual refreshes many times it still will not show the most up to date content from my profile.

Shadowtech

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. My gmail worked perfectly fine for the first few days I got my phone.. now the only way I can check it is to manually refresh when I happen to remember about it.

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Hey,

do me a favour and check on the following.
Goto the power control widget if the synch is on.

If you recieve manually, then synch does not work.
If not, then account is not set up right.

for the scound case i would suggest to re-setup it on the droid.

Tigger

GiantDroid

Reaction score
Check to make sure that gmail and/or facebook are enabled under Accounts & sync in the phone settings and that Auto-sync is enabled.

Mars

Reaction score
yea thats what happened to me and i found out that i didnt enable the sync function under the settings..thatll do the trick

Shadowtech

Reaction score
All my settings are fine.. I have even reset it many times. Aside from the initial sync it does after reenabling, I get no further automatic updates during the day. I am also having problems with phone calls even coming through so maybe it's a verizon thing.. i dunno.

psujames41

Reaction score
I have one for ya'... I can receive emails (gmail) on my droid just fine but when I delete messages and log onto my account on a PC, it's as if I never read them. I can delete messages all I want on my droid, but they're still new when I log on via PC. I checked the aforementioned suggestions and I am indeed synced. Suggestions?

OP
H

hodzih398

Reaction score
Well thanks everyone for the sync information, I did find that mine was off, turned it on and got a flood of emails hah.

badz

Reaction score
Yea silly me. I only recently started using a toggle widget and simply did not realize I disabled my auto-sync feature by accident (facepalm). Thanks for the input guys.

_atlas

Reaction score
I have a different issue...my droid is receiving emails fine, but i can't send any at all! I have no clue what to do...

They just stay stuck in the outbox and never get sent.

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I have a different issue...my droid is receiving emails fine, but i can't send any at all! I have no clue what to do...

What happens when you send?

_atlas

Reaction score

sorry, i edited after you posted your comment.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

sorry, i edited after you posted your comment.

No problem....Said you reset but have you deleted it? and reigned in to it?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Give this a try..

Settings>Apps>Manage apps>Google Apps>Clear data.

After that, Settings>Data Synchronization>Google and it asks you to sign in or create an account.