G Mail in the Messaging App

wioneo

Reaction score
Is it impossible to have my Gmail account along with the other e-mails in the messaging app? I don't really care for the Gmail app, and would much preferr having all e-mails in the same section.

I got a "login failed, try again" or some such message after entering the correct login information multiple times, checking that it was correct on the computer, and then trying and failing once more.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it impossible to have my Gmail account along with the other e-mails in the messaging app? I don't really care for the Gmail app, and would much preferr having all e-mails in the same section.

I got a "login failed, try again" or some such message after entering the correct login information multiple times, checking that it was correct on the computer, and then trying and failing once more.

Try using either K9 or Touchdown as your messaging app. I think one of those should allow you to do this.

Remember however that this is a Google phone. When you start trying to avoid gmail and things that are native to the phone you might find yourself swimming upstream. But give it a shot.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
The "login failed, try again" error is usually user error.

OP
W

wioneo

Reaction score
The "login failed, try again" error is usually user error.

It would be fantastic if that were the case, because then I would know that the several minutes of my life that I wasted retyping my own name were not completely useless.

However, I am simply asking if it is *possible* to have the Gmail account that was used to set up the phone as an *email* account in the list in the stock messenger app.

I might eventually try other Apps, but as of now I have no major issues with the native one. If I do decide to switch at some point I will be sure to remember trying K9 and Touchdown, thank you.