G Cloud Back Up, best way to back up my photos automatically?

Livin PA

Reaction score
So here's the deal. I plan on going from the Motorola Bionic to the Motorola Droid Maxx by the end of this year. As we all know this phone doesn't have an SD card like my Bionic and that's something I am willing to overlook as the phone has 32 GB's of on board memory. However I fear for my photos, in the past I had my original Droid destroyed by it getting run over by a van. No big deal as my SD Card survived and my Contacts/Photos were saved. With the Droid Maxx though that safety net is gone, my contacts are synced with Verizon once a day so I feel safe there but if my phone gets trashed ever again 5 years/700 photos of mine are gone. As such I figured by now an App existed that would automatically back up my photos to a cloud automatically once a day. Worse case scenario I would lose a days worth of photo's (Even that's avoidable if I remember to do a manual back up over my data connection). This is what I want from such a service:

-Free App/Service.
-Automatic back up since I am forgetful.
-Programmable, so I can set it to sync automatically once a day. I do not want it to sync after every photo not for data concerns (I have unlimited) but I don't want it to upload photos that I decide to delete shortly after because the suck.
-Access to the cloud from any internet enabled device so I can assure myself the photos are being backed up and so I can easily transfer them to a new device.
-No "Rooting" required.

The G Cloud Back Up App seems to offer all those options and it gets good reviews on the Play Store, close to 35k five star reviews. However I just want to make sure this is my best option. I know Google offers a back up service on my account with 15 GB's free but I get a feeling that you have to do a manual back up which wouldn't work for me as I would often forget to do it. I have seen other services that offer similar features but they cost money and they don't seem to have nearly as many reviews.

So thoughts? Thanks.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Easy peasy. DropBox

Free 2GB, can be set to sync automatically only when connected to WiFi, can sync with your computer or be accessed from their WEB site.