G 4 For Droid X?

rwaustin

Reaction score
Will there be a software upgrade for a Droid X.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you asking if the droid x will ever get 4g? Cause that would be no. It is limited by its hardware to 3g.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
rwaustin

rwaustin

Reaction score
So it is hardware over software darn.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya it kinda sucks but look at it this way. Your first 4g phone will possibly have a dual processor and a gazillion other features. Plus who knows when 4g will actually roll out in your area effectively. It may be around the time you're due for an upgrade.

xxarthur33xx

Reaction score
Ya it kinda sucks but look at it this way. Your first 4g phone will possibly have a dual processor and a gazillion other features. Plus who knows when 4g will actually roll out in your area effectively. It may be around the time you're due for an upgrade.

Thats why I don't plan on getting a 4g phone. At the moment, 4g is in limited areas. The nearest place to me that has 4g is boston, and that is pretty far away. To pay the extra $10 a month for something I won't get? 3g is fast enough, and my wifi is even better. I'll just stay home and save myself some money :D

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's my position as well. I'm about half way between san diego and los angeles, both of whom are supposed to have 4g by the beginning of the year. Vzw's website says I will also have coverage at that time but I somehow doubt it. Oh well its not something that keeps me up at night.

Zecpull

Reaction score
I JUST upgraded this week to the Droid X and was told by Customer Service that the X was Software Upgradeable to get 4G..? I ask her 2 times..and she said that the Droid 2 and DroidX and Droid Pro..were all software upgradeable to 4G ...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Lied to get the sale it sound like.

Sent from somewhere...