FYI - Verizon Shell Holster Combo - Ebay $13.75 w/Free Overnight Ship!

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I got mine on eBay FTW.

I am having a small concern with mine though. Not saying its eBay related, but the clip on the top left of the screen piece rubs the keyboard when I slide it. Not sure if this is case design, or if my screen is crooked or what...I'm think of just buffing it down ever so slightly with a Dremel....or wondering if the case will work just without out it and just 'buh bye' to this one clip.

Also when closed I can slide a business card through the bottom clip on the left and phone housing, but 'no way' on the top one.

I hope this makes sense.

The case I got from verizon scratched mine too and I am furious.

Take your receipts to a Verizon store and I bet they will replace the phone and the case.

Reaction score
I got mine on eBay FTW.

I am having a small concern with mine though. Not saying its eBay related, but the clip on the top left of the screen piece rubs the keyboard when I slide it. Not sure if this is case design, or if my screen is crooked or what...I'm think of just buffing it down ever so slightly with a Dremel....or wondering if the case will work just without out it and just 'buh bye' to this one clip.

Also when closed I can slide a business card through the bottom clip on the left and phone housing, but 'no way' on the top one.

I hope this makes sense.

Take your receipts to a Verizon store and I bet they will replace the phone and the case.

Do you think they would give me a new phone or a refurbished?

The scratch.

by7uu.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
As long as it looks new, it shouldn't matter.

Maybe I will call Verizon tomorrow and see what they say, but as you can see it looks terrible. Their own case that is meant to protect the phone damages the phone. But I paid a lot of money for the phone and I don't want to accept a refurbished phone.

ss13

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback Dave, I missed that #6 post. I did fix mine by removing that tab. No damage seems to have be caused because once I figured out it was rubbing I kept that tab no on all the way until I was able to fix it

TheOldFart

Reaction score

Do you think they would give me a new phone or a refurbished?

The scratch.

by7uu.jpg

Just a note to others. Notice that the case he shows is not the combo that we are talking about here. It appears to be the clear plastic case, which I have seen complaints about elsewhere.

mrredskin

Reaction score
that's a pretty extreme case of being picky about a scratch you can barely even see.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I am ordering one of these... a lil dremel and she'll do fine!

I just used a sharp utility knife and shaved the tabs right off, then back dragged the blade a few times to chamfer the edges and it is like new.

FYI, one thing nice about the high quality of the Verizon cases is the black material goes all the way through, some of the no-name Ebay cases have a black coating over white plastic and if you chip or scratch them they show white. YUCK!!

VitsDroid

Reaction score
I had the fitment issue on the top right corner, I cut that tab off and now it looks awesome, no issues at all.

MInkyboi

Reaction score
I am ordering one of these... a lil dremel and she'll do fine!

I just used a sharp utility knife and shaved the tabs right off, then back dragged the blade a few times to chamfer the edges and it is like new.

FYI, one thing nice about the high quality of the Verizon cases is the black material goes all the way through, some of the no-name Ebay cases have a black coating over white plastic and if you chip or scratch them they show white. YUCK!!

i just used an old nail file to shave it down a bit so that the tabs are still there but they dont rub the keyboard at all

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you think the newer ones without that tab are now at the store? How would one identify them vs the older ones?

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Do you think the newer ones without that tab are now at the store? How would one identify them vs the older ones?

The older recalled ones have 7 tabs on the screen side piece, while the ones that Verizon is selling now have 5 tabs on the screen side piece. They removed the 2 tabs on the left side, looking at the phone in the vertical orientation. These are the 2 tabs that could rub the keyboard.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

Yes, they have been for a while. I bought my Shell/Holster Combo at a Verizon Corporate store on Black Friday and it is the new improved style.

The "backup" I bought off of Ebay last week was the old "recalled" version.

imiller913

Reaction score
I got mine on 12-5 and it dosen't have the problem tab by the usb port and works fine