FYI Ultimate Droid Lovers

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by geox19, Mar 29, 2010.

1. geox19

geox19 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Geox19
    "Love the latest UD. Hey do u get a cut from the rom manager just want to know for donation purposes have a good one:icon_ banana:"
    The Blackdroid
    "Thanks and nope dont get anything from rom manager. Just wanted to give you guys some more functionality"

Ok so I thought Blackdroid got a cut from the rom manager in the market but to my surprise nope nothing. So that kinda sucks if people assume he does get something. With all the hrs and hardwork that go into these roms and the efforts he has made to make it so easy to install his roms and others through the Rom Manager I think he deserves a little something to go bye himself a energy drink or 2 so he can continue his efforts. Anyways Blackdroid had nothing to do with this post so don't go thinking he did. I just wanted to make everyone here aware of the facts incase you were mistaken like me.

2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7+ 256gb
    That's why I only donate directly to the developer.

3. INSANENEIVIESIS

INSANENEIVIESIS Active Member
    Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    i think black droid and most of the devs just do this as a hobby. something they love to do. not to make money(unless you make a paid app). they appreciate donations but dont beg for them they are just happy to make roms that make our phones the best they can be.

4. geox19

geox19 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats so true. But if you want to donate I'm sure they don't mind thats why theres a donate link but I was thinking I was donating by buying the Rom Manager in the market. That's the point in this post just to let people know incase anyone else thought the same.

5. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think that most of us realize that the paid version of ROM Manager only pays Koushik. After all, since thee are only 5 devs supported, it may be easy to share, but what about when it becomes 50? Makes sense that it is not sharing....

But for those that were thinking like you were, this us a good thread.

6. Illrigger

Illrigger New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not at all surprised to see this confirmed. It would be nice if ROM Manager had a way to embed a link to the ROMs' web info page, so that people could find and thank the devs.

7. geox19

geox19 Member

Ratings:
    +0

How many downloads does Rom Manager have so far in this short of time? How much does it cost? 1000 devs could share that they would all be able to buy atleast 2 energy drinks. Point of the thread was to let the 1 or 2 people that didn't know Know

8. Flomaster

Flomaster Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hot Damn I had no idea Rom Manager had over 1K paid downloads and over 10K free downloads

rom manager

Congrats Koush... he is providing OTA updates to the users purchasing his app other Devs and jump on his Gravy train and ride along and push there updates to Rom Manager thus making it easier for the user to get updated. IMHO anyone who wants to donate to a Dev can and WILL find his donate link.

-=Jason=-

#8 Flomaster, Mar 30, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  9. geox19

geox19 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea I guess Rom Manager was worth my 4 bucks and change it takes a minute or 2 out the process but hey it's all fun:icon_ banana:

Search tags for this page

where did blackdroid go