FYI Swype beta seems ok on Bionic

Tonik

Reaction score
I signed up earlier today, got my login almost instantly and installed it. No problems and works fine.

I am rooted. Basically I made a copy of the OEM swype on my SD-External. Froze Swype TiBU and swithced to manual keyboard. Then downloaded and installed and rebooted. Then in keyboard settings the new beta is there. I actually don't think you need to freeze the old one....they have different names and show up different in the keyboard menu.

nobreak1970

Reaction score
I am loving it. You can have them both installed at the same time.
They show up as 2 different keyboards in the list to choose from.

OP
T

Tonik

Reaction score
I am loving it. You can have them both installed at the same time.
They show up as 2 different keyboards in the list to choose from.

Yep, I see that now. You don't need to freeze or do anything. I don't think you even need root, just need to allow unsigned or third party apps...what ever that setting is. I too am loving it, the new keyboard layout is awesome. It seems far better at predicting what I am doing...and it automatically learns as you type...it keeps getting better.

DRX1983

Reaction score
I'm not rooted and just downloaded the the Swype Beta and it installed flawlessly and now I'm enjoying the new Swype Beta on my unrooted Bionic and loving it.

Asylem

Reaction score
Y'all have got me interested in this. Do you have a link to get this file? I have been browsing google and nothing jumped out at me. Thanks in advance!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not rooted either, but was part of the swype beta team when I had the OG Droid. I signed in and got it set up. The site even says it'll work alongside built-in swype.

Again, thanks to the OP for posting this.

Y'all have got me interested in this. Do you have a link to get this file? I have been browsing google and nothing jumped out at me. Thanks in advance!

I had the link buried in my Google emails, but did a quick look using "Swype Beta Android." Anyway, the link is Swype | Text Input for Screens

Last edited: