FYI for those having issues

Slntagent

Reaction score
Well ive had many issues with my fascinate, so today i called VZW and they decided to send me a replacement phone...the phone is a droid charge which is very nice and unexpected. The Fascinate is no longer available for a replacement phone at VZW as of yesterday (what the rep said).

Thought id let you guys know

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
What kind of problems were you having? Was this your first replacement phone?

Sent from my fascinate

OP
Slntagent

Slntagent

Reaction score
3rd replacement phone...all of them had HORRIBLE signal quality and i would not receive all texts/phone calls along with sending texts wouldnt always work. They sent me...2 fascinates..then 1 Droid Inc....then another fasc...now the charge

but they didnt send me a battery/batt door...they are on back order...so i got a batt from the vzw store here and they gave me a case for free to hold everything in until i got my batt door

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
My gps sucks on mine. So one would have to go through 3 replacements to get a Charge then?

Sent from my fascinate

OP
Slntagent

Slntagent

Reaction score
just call and tell them you are having problems..they are no longer offering fascinates for replacements...they are offering the DX2, DInc2, and the Charge..just have a problem where you need a replacement

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cool maybe i'll talk to them. Thanks.

Sent from my fascinate

SHAKE_JONES

Reaction score
I was having call issues and 3g issues about a week ago and called and they did something on their end and had me try it out and when I called back last night and told them it still wasn't fixed they sent me a replacement fascinate.

This is my first replacement though so I don't think they have completely phased it out yet... and its also still available for purchase on vzw.com so they still have them.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I called and they said they have been having alot of gps problems with the phone, but I had to have tech support verify that it wasn't working. I am rooted so I kind of gave up on it. But they said another phone may be an option. I will return to stock if the gps issue bothers me enough and isn't fixed. So far nothing root wise has been able to fix the gps.

Sent from my fascinate

OP
Slntagent

Slntagent

Reaction score
I was having call issues and 3g issues about a week ago and called and they did something on their end and had me try it out and when I called back last night and told them it still wasn't fixed they sent me a replacement fascinate.

This is my first replacement though so I don't think they have completely phased it out yet... and its also still available for purchase on vzw.com so they still have them.

I think it just kicked in today, but your probably right they need to get rid of what they have available...maybe i got lucky

SHAKE_JONES

Reaction score
Mine should be here today. Maybe i'll get surprised with a diff phone haha

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Bubbles423

Reaction score
Interesting. Just had to request a replacement for mine today as well. Attempted to download the newest software update and the phone went crazy. Seems to have downloaded the update okay, but then just stayed frozen on the Samsung logo that pops up when the phone reboots itself. Took it to a Verizon store and had them do a master reset twice with no luck. They called tech support and told them what they did and nothing happened and they took all my info and I should have a replacement tomorrow. Apparently the update fried my system or something. I've had nothing but issues with mine since I got it in March; would be nice if they sent me a different brand of phone too.

SHAKE_JONES

Reaction score
They sent me another fascinate, which is in worse working condition than the last one. This one attempts to install the froyo OTA and reboots and is still on 2.1 so it asks to install it again. It is an endless loop. This one also has issues recieving calls and texts...

EDIT: Just got off the phone with tech support. They transferred me twice to higher levels and still cannot resolve the issue. I was told by the last person that an update was pushed yesterday to fix all of these issues. He also told me they were only offering Incredible 2's and Droid X's (NOT DX2) until they got the new update pushed so that is no longer an option.

Last edited:

A10boy

Reaction score
X

I'm on my 3rd crappy fascinate. I called vzw today and all she would offer me was another fascinate or the driod x. No go for the charge, she said her supervisor won't ugrade a 3G to a 4G. She is going to call me back monday for my decision. Oh yea, she said i could have the charge for the low low price of $299!! What? They tried to sell me another phone to replace the POS i already bought from them! Any suggestions?? Go with the X??

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
The X is a pretty decent phone. I'd go with that if your fassy isnt working.

Sent from my fascinate