Future Phones supported

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by drust, Jul 4, 2011.

1. drust

drust New Member

Hey Chevy my moto droid is going to walk down the "old phone road" and i want to know if you have any upcoming supported phones.

Did find:
    you were working on TB (not a fan of the phone)
    not going to work on locked bootloaders (so hard to find one i like that has it unlocked)

Any input will be appreciated. more so if i can stick with chevy roms and kernels

Thanks
  2. jimmydene84

jimmydene84 New Member

What don't u like About the thunderbolt?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  3. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

You know I used to be like that with locked bootloaders. Then I got a D2 for extremely cheap to the point where I couldn't pass it up. Rooted it, rommed it, and honestly I love it. Right now its going to be my daily driver phone until I use my full upgrade once I see what is instore for all these phones coming out.

On top of that cvps got cm7 ported to the DX and others are using that to bring it to the D2, D2G, and the pro. Chevy has SS on the DX and I believe a beta for a port to the D2.

Now I'm not saying to necessarily go out and buy one of these phones. Im just sharing my experience because I was totally against them until I had one for myself. Now I have something to hold me over so I can be sure later in the year what I want to do.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  4. drust

drust New Member

from what ppl have been telling me the tb battery life is worse then sholes....

i remember chevy saying that he was not going to work on locked boot loaders
    "was to much of a hassle" if i remember correctly
  5. jimmydene84

jimmydene84 New Member

So that's what u don't like about the TB...ppl saying the battery life isn't as good as a phone with barely half the power?!

Yes the battery isn't QUITE as good, but its twice the machine! And I know plenty of ppl (myself included) who can get 14 + hrs easy on a charge

And yes, Chevy won't work on a locked bootloader until there is a way to get an AOSP Rom on it. And he does have a TB and when slayer and cvps get the RIL issues resolved he will bring all of his awesomness to us!
    Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  6. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Just to add a bit more info - the DX STILL has a locked bootloader - however, I am able now to build an AOSP rom for it - so that definitely changes things. Previously I was not able to. This is due to the arrival of '2nd-init' for the X (credit cvpcs) ... sooooo, locked bootloader by itself will not prevent me from building an AOSP rom. We still cannot put a custom kernel on it however ...

I have recently released a beta-BETA rom for the D2 - very favorable reports thus far!

You are correct on the TB - I have built an AOSP rom for it, but data does not work. Slayher is the one working on that but as yet has not merged it. Until that happens - my TB rom will be based on the existing ROM, not from AOSP ...
  7. RoyR80

RoyR80 New Member

With out the custom kernel, can SetCPU allow any options?
  8. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

First I am very pumped to be seeing cm7 and SS coming over to the DX and D2.

And to answer the setcpu question, there is still functionality for it. Eventhough you cannot flash a custom kernel you can still over/under clock it or set up the profiles for battery control etc. There are even several governors to set it to. I havent seen the need to change any of the kernel settings so far, but the options are there.
  9. Adrozz07

Adrozz07 New Member

Hey Chevy, do the latest RIL developments mean a green light for the TB? By most accounts the code seems reliable at this point. I know that my TB personally is screaming on CM7 1.2 flawlessly. Id love to see the OG devs finally come over.
  10. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I haven't seen the TB RIL code merged into CM7 yet, which is what I am waiting for. If it was released to the public I could certainly add it myself to SS - but if it makes it into CM7 that is much easier for me ...
  11. jimmydene84

jimmydene84 New Member

Running liquids AOSP and the RIL is lacking...gonna switch back to synergy

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk
  12. Adrozz07

Adrozz07 New Member

Slayer said that the latest is synced with the mainline tree. If this isn't the same thing I apologize. His info is on xda and rootzwiki.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk
  13. Adrozz07

Adrozz07 New Member

Chevy, any updates?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk