future of x8

Reaction score
please correct me where i am wrong... but i'm just wondering, what does everyone think about the future of x8? optimization is key, sure, but i'm guessing that applies mainly for the core android OS, no? what about user-made applications? new heavy apps will slow the x8 down quicker than the latest snapdragons. i could just go for the LG G2 or the GN3, but motorola's offerings intrigue me in terms of hands-free operation and active notifications, as well as the overall design and battery. hence my dilemma. maybe if android is optimized appropriately, there wouldn't be any lag but just additional time waiting for downloaded apps to start?

would appreciate opinions. thanks. :)

donzz

Reaction score
Sorry I can't answer your question about the 8 cores. I'm really curious about that myself. Like you, the things that intrigued you about Moto, intrigued me, especially the battery. Coming from the Bionic where I couldn't even get a full days charge out of it, I made sure my next phone could. Right now i'm getting 3 days out of my Maxx. I know over time that that will diminish. My thought was 2 years from now when I get another phone, I'll still get at least a full days charge out of the Maxx. I guess it comes down to what's most important you. I have had my Maxx since the day it came out and honestly I haven't noticed any lag at all. That being said, I don't download a lot of apps nor do I do any gaming. If I have downloaded 15 apps, that would be a lot!

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks for your input! Yea after my first OG Droid, I wanted a long lasting battery and that's why I got the Droid Razr Maxx. But it's laggy even with custom roms, and 4.2 or 4.3 roms are too unreliable at least on my phone.

But anyhow, if the OS stays consistently smooth, I suppose it won't be bad since I don't particularly download a whole bunch of apps either. But I guess I'm dubious because when I bought my current phone it was the greatest thing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2