Future 4g Phones with Keyboards?

howzball

Reaction score
The droid 3 will have almost all ur requests....minus the 4g, prolly what u really wanted though

Sent from my Droid

Yeah for sure! It floors me to think they would even release another phone not 4g capable when that's all they're talking about.
I feel sorry for the folks un-knowingly upgrading to a new phone right now and not getting a 4g phone, seems pointless.

jimmydene84

Reaction score
Hopefully some new phones actually be out by oct. I'm due for an upgrade then, really wanted the tbolt....but the more I think about it I love my keyboard and want to stick with a phone that has one, and since 4G is in my area, that it a def must aswell

Sent from my Droid

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I'm not so sure that Verizon considers it their flagship any longer.
Go in your local VZW store and see what phone(s) have the biggest display. Mine has a huge display for the D2G, DX, and DP. Theres actually two DXs. Only other phone with its same displays if the iPhone 4, and the Ipad 2 which isnt a phone but you get what I mean.

I feel sorry for the folks un-knowingly upgrading to a new phone right now and not getting a 4g phone, seems pointless.
Why do I need a 4G phone when I wont get 4G here for another year or two. Either way by the time my upgrade comes around, since I just got a D2G, 4G will be here or, close to it, and the prices of 4G equipment will have come down since 4G will probably be almost standard in almost all phones by then.

howzball

Reaction score
Because a 4g phone can do 4g or 3g and besides, I live where 4g is everywhere already so why wouldn't I take advantage of that?

TC_Mits

Reaction score
4G LTE is what's happenin'!

Because a 4g phone can do 4g or 3g and besides, I live where 4g is everywhere already so why wouldn't I take advantage of that?
I agree. My advice to anyone is: Don't blow your NE2 on any 3G phone unless you know for a fact that 4G service won't make it to your area until well into 2014. If you need a smart-phone at all, then you need the speed of 4G for surfing, gaming, downloads, and streaming. Plus, you can dual task.

I got the Thunderbolt and kept it for the full 2 weeks before retuning it due to battery issues and my lack of familiarity with the Android format. While I had it, I could stream long videos straight through with NO buffer pauses. I took a pic while on the phone and and then MMSed it to the person I was talking to. Surfing was about as quick as using a PC on Ethernet.
LTE rocks! dancedroid Check this out, if you don't trust just my opinion:
Lets be serious....4g really isnt that great - Android Forums

I like keyboards, so I am going to get a cheap ole rooted D2 (or DX, if I must) and learn root Android well. Then, if nothing better comes out, maybe I'll get a used TB to hold me over until the 'D4G' comes out next summer.

jetman

Reaction score
I am running a rooted D1 and really do like the hard keyboard. I use the touch screen for short texts, or messages, but if it is a work related e-mail where I really want the speed and accuracy I slide out the keyboard. I am eligible for an upgrade now but with my only 4G choices the TBolt and Charge, I'm going to have to wait until a 4G phone comes out I really like. I live in an area that already has 4G in full service, and if Moto would come out with the D3 in 4g LTE, a 4" screen, along with a physical keyboard, I too would be there ASAP to sign an upgrade contract..... in the meantime, I'll just keep using my rooted Droid and waiting for a decent 4G phone to be introduced.

UNC

Reaction score
I am running a rooted D1 and really do like the hard keyboard. I use the touch screen for short texts, or messages, but if it is a work related e-mail where I really want the speed and accuracy I slide out the keyboard. I am eligible for an upgrade now but with my only 4G choices the TBolt and Charge, I'm going to have to wait until a 4G phone comes out I really like. I live in an area that already has 4G in full service, and if Moto would come out with the D3 in 4g LTE, a 4" screen, along with a physical keyboard, I too would be there ASAP to sign an upgrade contract..... in the meantime, I'll just keep using my rooted Droid and waiting for a decent 4G phone to be introduced.

LG revolution is LTE isn't it? It comes unlocked and a custom recovery is already done for it. By the end of the month it will have CM7 and be de-binged.

ThisIsMyName

Reaction score
The only current 4G QWERTY is the Samsung Stratosphere (I'm probably going to end up getting this). There is also the upcoming Droid 4 but sadly it has a locked bootloader AND a non-removable battery. Between that and the fact that Motorola hasn't made decent firmware since the Droid 1, I'm definitely passing on the Droid 4.