Funtional Classic Star Trek Communicator is Bluetooth Ready and Only $149.99

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

If you are a classic Star Trek fan, your bank account might soon feel a pinch when you see this. The folks at ThinkGeek teamed up with the official Star Trek licensing to create a functional Bluetooth replica of the classic Trek communicator. The construction is pressed metal, die-cat metal, machined aluminum, and textured ABS.

Not only can this impressively crafted device be used to take phone calls from your smartphone through the Bluetooth collection, it even includes 20 sounds which replicate the sound effects for the device in the original series. These sounds will function even if you do not have the device paired with a smartphone.

The Star Trek communicator replica is powered with an internal lithium polymer battery, which charges with a standard micro-USB cable. Also, it comes with a magnetic stand that supports contactless charging. It can be yours for a fairly affordable $149.99.

Here's the link to grab one: Star Trek: TOS Bluetooth® Communicator

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Now if I can just pick up one of these bad boys, I'll be set.
upload_2016-7-1_8-3-47.jpeg

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm sure there are plenty of fans that'll pay that price. While I think this would be fun to pull out and use in public, that amount of fun can't justify that price for me.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
You can't buy one of those, but they already have them. I live near area 51 and there is some crazy stuff out there. My uncle's cousin's friend worked out there and said they've been beaming people around ever since they captured that last alien vehicle 40 years ago. The guvment won't talk about it, but i know it's there.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Oh? I need to move there.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
You can't buy one of those, but they already have them. I live near area 51 and there is some crazy stuff out there. My uncle's cousin's friend worked out there and said they've been beaming people around ever since they captured that last alien vehicle 40 years ago. The guvment won't talk about it, but i know it's there.

jkaod you said to much now we must get you and your uncle's cousin's friend worked out there! ;)

We are the Men in Black!!!!!
men-in-black-9.jpg

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
You can't catch me! Beam me up Scotty! I'm outta here.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Maybe it's because I was born in the 80's but I prefer these

View attachment 76658
I agree based on overall look of each, but I'd pick the one in the OP for something that I might actually carry around as a conversation piece in certain groups and find reasons to make calls/etc. with it. I'm less likely to wear a brooch like an old lady.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I agree based on overall look of each, but I'd pick the one in the OP for something that I might actually carry around as a conversation piece in certain groups and find reasons to make calls/etc. with it. I'm less likely to wear a brooch like an old lady.

Carry it your pocket like they do on away missions then take it out to use it... I wonder if it would be possible to build a working touch activated speaker Bluetooth version of that type of communicator