1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Functionality

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by _Mario, Jul 17, 2010.

1. _Mario

_Mario New Member

Hey everyone,

I've been looking into rooting my Droid recently due to the slow release of Froyo from Verizon. I've done quite a bit of reading, especially on Chevy's ROM and so far, every question I've had has been answered through reading stuff in this forum. The only real question I have is about functionality.

I use my Google Maps and all of the other stock applications on my phone quite a bit since I do a lot of traveling, and I may have missed the answer in a different thread, but I was wondering if I would lose any of the stock 2.1 functionality by rooting and running SS 4.4?

Thanks in advance
  2. robyr

robyr New Member

No, and if anything, you gain functionality. I like both Chevy's ROMs and Pete's Bugless ROMs. They are great for keeping the droid as factory as possible while going above and beyond in functionality.
  3. _Mario

_Mario New Member

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I think when I get off of work in 20 minutes I'm gonna root it and give it a go. Hearing that I'm not gonna lose any functionality really sold me on it. Another quick questio though...will Bluetooth still work likr normal as well? I would assume so but you never know.
  4. ebruot

ebruot New Member

Yes, in fact the voice dialing thru a bluetooth headset works with froyo.
  5. _Mario

_Mario New Member

Awesome, that's what I like to hear. Thanks again!
  6. Raven1r44

Raven1r44 New Member

soooo true!!!! I love the fact that bluetooth headset voice-dialing works in froyo!!!