1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Functionality

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by _Mario, Jul 17, 2010.

1. _Mario

_Mario New Member

Hey everyone,

I've been looking into rooting my Droid recently due to the slow release of Froyo from Verizon. I've done quite a bit of reading, especially on Chevy's ROM and so far, every question I've had has been answered through reading stuff in this forum. The only real question I have is about functionality.

I use my Google Maps and all of the other stock applications on my phone quite a bit since I do a lot of traveling, and I may have missed the answer in a different thread, but I was wondering if I would lose any of the stock 2.1 functionality by rooting and running SS 4.4?

Thanks in advance
  2. robyr

robyr New Member

No, and if anything, you gain functionality. I like both Chevy's ROMs and Pete's Bugless ROMs. They are great for keeping the droid as factory as possible while going above and beyond in functionality.
  3. _Mario

_Mario New Member

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I think when I get off of work in 20 minutes I'm gonna root it and give it a go. Hearing that I'm not gonna lose any functionality really sold me on it. Another quick questio though...will Bluetooth still work likr normal as well? I would assume so but you never know.
  4. ebruot

ebruot New Member

Yes, in fact the voice dialing thru a bluetooth headset works with froyo.
  5. _Mario

_Mario New Member

Awesome, that's what I like to hear. Thanks again!
  6. Raven1r44

Raven1r44 New Member

soooo true!!!! I love the fact that bluetooth headset voice-dialing works in froyo!!!