1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

fully functional Gingerbread for Original Droid

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by rshackleford, Jan 13, 2011.

1. rshackleford

rshackleford New Member

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere, I searched for awhile and wasn't able to find a definitive answer.

Is there a gingerbread based ROM that works on the original droid? I was able to find 2.2 based ROMS with gingerbread sprinkled in and ROMs based on gingerbread but no GPS or Gooogle apps, but I haven't found a gingerbread ROM with google apps, gps, etc...

Am I just not looking hard enough or haasn't anyone been able to get everything working yet?
  2. nwilkins15

nwilkins15 New Member

Go to WWW.crackflashers.com they have working GPS and gapps download camera does not work and 3g drops after call, so use airplane mode to reset.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  3. jasonppp

jasonppp Premium Member Premium Member Developer

how many top devs have actually released a gingerbread build for d1? it is proving to be more of a challenge then everyone thought

and to the last poster he asked forfully functional Gingerbread for Original Droid

and you stated two problems and 1 how to which means it isnt fully functional. i dont know about you but that isnt fully functional
  4. diverbelow

diverbelow New Member

I am currently using UD 3.0 Gingerbread beta and for the most part it is fully functional. There are couple of bugs like when you place or receive a call you lose 3G but switch off/on airport mode 3G will cover. It is working pretty good.
  5. nwilkins15

nwilkins15 New Member

I was stating major issues were fixed. There aren't any fully functional roms, but these are good enough for a daily rom.

6. MikeMasso

MikeMasso New Member

Cyanogenmod 7 is acting basically the same way as UD 3.0 Gingerbread.
  7. brando56894

brando56894 New Member

I'd highly recommend using Jeffv2's build of cyanogen 7 since it seems to run a hell of a lot better than ultimate droid IMO. His rom is in the android roms section. He has everything working except for the camera and backlights, also the 3g bug is still there but a user contributed a service script that fixes it.
  8. MikeMasso

MikeMasso New Member

I agree, that's the build I'm using.
  9. welterbf123

welterbf123 New Member

Download 'No Call Log 2' and 'Restart Connections' from the market and set incoming call and outgoing call settings on No Call Log 2 to 'Other' and direct the 'Other' to activate Restart Connections. This will listen for a phone call to end, and upon ending, will reset the 3g connection. It works like a charm! No more 3g issues. I costs $1 but is well worth it. There is a 3g fix that was contributed by one of Jeffv2's users that's supposed to fix the issue, but I found that it 's not consistent. This fix works much better and is very reliable.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  10. nwilkins15

nwilkins15 New Member

Yeah. Jeff's builds are good. I don't use UD as I don't like the fact he copies the work of others, puts the code together from the sources, then says all the work is his.

11. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

welcome to 2011.