Full Wipe not Working

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
For some reason, wiping fully and installing just stopped working for me all of a sudden. I used to do it all the time, but now when I wipe before installing I get "stuck at the M". The only way I can get back to Android is wiping, installing and then restoring just the data partition from my latest backup. That's how I've been upgrading the past couple of times. Any reason why this would happen? It won't work unless I restore the data partition...

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
So, you are in recovery, u wipe cache, data, system & boot (do u wile the dalvic cache seperatly as well, I dont know why I do that but I do) the obvious question have u tried making multiple passes of wiping each of the above? anyway, then you follow that (still in recovery) with flashing the zip of the new rom correct? (after flashing the rom before i reboot i usually will wipe the cache of the new rom, overkill i know) & then you reboot & when its booting that first time is this when u get stuck on the "M"?

Just curios what recovery are u using? is it Raidzero's? or clockwork or spr?

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yep exactly, and yeah I'm using raidzero. If I do the first reboot it'll get stuck on the M. At that point, I do a battery pull, go back into recovery and restore just the data partition from my latest backup and it loads up fine. The new rom is installed, with whatever new features, i just cant seem to bring it up from scratch anymore, where i have to sign into my google account etc.

and yeah i've tried doing a full wipe, wiping each part separately, wiping dalvik etc. none of those seem to work. it only started recently. like around UD 3.2.5. Hasn't worked since then. I keep having to restore data to make it load.

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
How long ago did u start using the Raidzero recovery? Was it at about the same time? Either way, the next thing I definetely would try is using a different recovery...proccess of elimination kinda points that way..

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
No i dont think its the recovery as I've flashed many ROMs on it before with no issue...but I'll try to switch it and see if that's it...