Full Screen Calendar Widget?

MissLlil

Reaction score
Right now I'm running with "smooth calendar" since it shows the three next upcoming events and not just today like the widget that comes stock on the Moto Droid. Are there any other goods ones that shows a more distant outlook than just today?

slgunnel

Reaction score
I'm using Android Agenda Widget and love it. You can find it in the Android Market.

dclutter1

Reaction score
Check out Pure Calendar Widget and/or Pure Grid Calendar. They're both very nice and well worth the money. One or the other may be all you need. Pure Calendar Widget satisfies my scheduling needs. It will search your calendar up to 6 months out.

sparty569

Reaction score
I like Calwidget. It will display your next 3 or 4 events, and todays date. And you can make it transparent.

jarby

Reaction score
I'm using Android Agenda Widget and love it. You can find it in the Android Market.

I loved that widget! But I can't get it to work no matter what I do ever since the update.....I emailed the dev, but still haven't gotten anywhere. It won't sync with the calendar. Only the corporate calendar....Oh well.

If you have any ideas, PLEASE let me know! thanks!

jarby

Reaction score
oh yeah....now I'm using Calwidget. Works just as good and I can customize it to look however I want.

slgunnel

Reaction score

I loved that widget! But I can't get it to work no matter what I do ever since the update.....I emailed the dev, but still haven't gotten anywhere. It won't sync with the calendar. Only the corporate calendar....Oh well.

If you have any ideas, PLEASE let me know! thanks!

Hmmm... wonder if it's having conflicts with another app. I haven't had any problems with mine and I've got 3 calendars synced (including corp calendar). I've got version 1.0.3 running. Have you tried downloading the old version to see if it works for you?

Geck

Reaction score
how much battery consumption do these widgets hog? what is the most conservative

I personally have seen less battery consumption when using calwidget compared to pure grid calendar. But even with that, neither widget really uses that much power so its not that big of a deal.

slgunnel

Reaction score
how much battery consumption do these widgets hog? what is the most conservative

I personally have seen less battery consumption when using calwidget compared to pure grid calendar. But even with that, neither widget really uses that much power so its not that big of a deal.

I would also think it depends on how often it refreshes. I have agenda widget set to only refresh every 12 hours, so I haven't noticed any battery consumption change since installed. I guess it depends on how often you add events to your calendar as to how often you want it to refresh. I'm only familiar with the agenda widget though, so I can't comment on any others.

Geck

Reaction score
Does it(they) show up in Running Services? And if so how many MB of memory does it(they) use?
I don't see it in there now. But I was wondering which calendar used more power earlier so I tried to test both calwidget and pure grid. I'm not positive that calwidget is better on battery, its just my experience.