Full Screen Browser issue - UD2.3.0

Boostjunky

Reaction score
Ok, so I can't be the only one experiencing this issue. When going into the browser settings and selecting "Full Screen", it gets rid of the notification bar at the top of the screen, thus giving you a full screen browser.

The problem I get is when I click on the address bar to enter a website address, the notification bar reappears then dissappears intermittently causing the virtual touch keyboard to jump up and down with it. It makes it impossible to type anything. Very annoying.

Anyone have a fix for this?

P.S. The problem was also present in UD2.1.0. Just never got around to posting about it since 2.3.0 came around so suddenly.

OP
B

Boostjunky

Reaction score
OK, for those of you claiming that "It's working fine both ways", are you sure you went into your browser settings and turned "Full Screen" on? I just want to verify if this is limited to only some people, or if it's affecting everyone. Also, make sure you try it in landscape mode, as it seems to be the most affected.

I have a video of the issue, and it's happening in both Landscape and Portrait mode. The strange thing is that if I click on the address bar while in portrait mode, it won't affect portrait mode at all. But if I turn it to landscape mode, it immediately starts jumping around in landscape, and if I then turn it to portrait while it's jumping in landscape, portrait mode will jump around until I click on the address bar again.

I won't be putting the video up right now since I'm at work, and it's 61 Mb, so it would take forever to upload. But when I get home, I'll try to post it up.

tee00max

Reaction score
Ok so I was using Chevys kernel and it did it fine opening both ways, I just installed the Slayher kernel, now it jumps in landscape mode when I try to use the address bar. Im loading up Chevy kernel again and try it and of it works like it was before, I will post a video up...

VolDroid

Reaction score
I'm using Dolphin HD Browser and not having that issue while in full screen mode with it. I didn't try the stock browser so I guess it could be an issue on it.

tee00max

Reaction score
o yeah mines def not doing that, it does something similar in landscape mode only but not in portrait.....

DeeMat

Reaction score
I tried it on mine (after following your instructions) and did not have any issues on either portrait or landscape - that would annoy the heck out of me.