1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Full resolution Themes for Droid...

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by BluepointVance, Dec 21, 2009.

1. BluepointVance

BluepointVance New Member

I'm trying to figure out how to make/get full resolution themes for the droid.

As far as I can tell, all the themes for Pandahome -- and the theme maker for Pandahome (http://home.pandaapp.com:888/index.html) -- are designed for the lower resolution android phones. Meaning that all the buttons, icons, etc. are actually a lower resolution than the native Moto Droid ones. And therefore they look worse.

I also can't seem to find any information about how to make a theme for GDE, so I'm not sure if you can make a full res themes for that or not.

Does anyone know if there are any full resolution skinning apps for the Droid? Or does anyone have any information about making themes for GDE?

It just seems like a bummer to get this high res screen on the phone, and then upscale a bunch of icons made for totally different devices.

Any help at all appeciated.
  2. tgrillot87

tgrillot87 New Member

I'm interested in making my own themes too. So...bump.
  3. UltraDroid

UltraDroid Super Moderator Staff Member

Bluepoint, are you rooted?

-Mike
  4. BluepointVance

BluepointVance New Member

This original post is actually from last year when I first got the Droid. Since then I've settled in with Home++ as my home replacement, and BetterCut to change all my icons.

I am not rooted, but for the minimal skinning I wanted to do (not worried about changing the dialpad, etc.) rooting wasn't required.

Current home panel:
    [​IMG]