Full Reset Help

ImBlinkedOut

Reaction score
How do i fully reset my phone after i rooted and i installed the deodex theme? i tried a factory reset from the privacy menu and from the boot menu but nothing. anyone know how to fully reset and start fresh?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
How do i fully reset my phone after i rooted and i installed the deodex theme? i tried a factory reset from the privacy menu and from the boot menu but nothing. anyone know how to fully reset and start fresh?

A factory reset simply removes all data/settings/apps you've installed from your droid....it has no effect on the rooting/custom ROMs/deodexing/themes, etc.

If you want to back up, you should restore the nandroid backup you made right after you rooted and installed clockwork recovery using the bootstrap program.

If you didn't make a backup, then you can either:

- Flash an SBF file to return your Droid to stock - how to and files here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-rooted-help/76378-droid-2-sbf.html

- Find stock Droid2 ROM that you can install (look in the ROM section here) - trouble is, unless it is really a stock ROM w/minimal changes you may have issues installing other themes over it...

BTW - what "deodex theme" are you referring to?