Full OTA 2.2 Froyo SBF?!?!?! Possibly dropping shortly!

byproxy

Reaction score
so to clerify... this can be used to go directly from the .15 leak to the official ota right? no downgrading or any of the previously required crap???

Jaeger

Reaction score
Has this thread been pulled from XDA? The link is showing as invalid.

I have 2.2.13 and wouldn't mind flashing the .15.

Jaeger

Reaction score
Ok. I found the file link on Rootzwiki and started the download but it is showing as 245mb, not the 400+mb as was originally posted. It is listed as "the gift2.zip"
Is this still the same file?

Firesong3k

Reaction score
Mine came down as 455MB... that seems like a big difference

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Fadeshy

Reaction score
Ok. I found the file link on Rootzwiki and started the download but it is showing as 245mb, not the 400+mb as was originally posted. It is listed as "the gift2.zip"

It's because it's a zip which means the file is compressed. When you open up the zip the SBF is in there and it is around 455mb. :)

Jaeger

Reaction score
I've checked all the download links and they are all 245mb.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
mydroidworld also has links..

Jaeger

Reaction score

It's because it's a zip which means the file is compressed. When you open up the zip the SBF is in there and it is around 455mb. :)

That would make sense.
Ok, dumb question. (sorry, I'm still fairly new to all of this and still in the lower end of the learning curve.) There are two files available. One is the SBF, the other is the SBF mirror. What is the difference?

Fadeshy

Reaction score
That would make sense.
Ok, dumb question. (sorry, I'm still fairly new to all of this and still in the lower end of the learning curve.) There are two files available. One is the SBF, the other is the SBF mirror. What is the difference?

I'm pretty sure those are the same files. The one labled "SBF" is just a zip called the_gift2.zip. Inside the_gift2.zip contains "VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01.sbf" which is what you download if you select "SBF MIRROR".

Jaeger

Reaction score
Ok, I successfully flashed 2.2.15. The phones systems seem to work fine but instead of a 3g symbol I have a blue triangle. Data seems not to work and I cannot make calls. It routes me to a Verizon assistance message.