full day battery w/heavy usage is a flat out lie

Brandonovich

Reaction score
I am a sales rep with a fairly large territory - most of Oklahoma, and the Northwestern portion of Texas. I use well over a gig of data per month (and that's not from Pandora or Sirius, it's emails and web) and about 1700 minutes a month calling. I am in and out of coverage areas as I travel, and I use a task killer, and most of the time a bluetooth. I never run my battery out in a day, I just charge it at night. I am rooted, and using Launcher Pro. No complaints at all.

I would also point out that, without Verizon, you would most likely not get coverage at all in the area you are talking about. Sounds like it is searching for signal a lot.

everstar80

Reaction score
I didn't exaggerate when i said that i spend most of the time of the day on my phone, and lately on this forum for hours while listening to music and using other apps. Nothing is underclocked as i don't know how to do so and am not rooted. But every device performance is different from each phone brand.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I am a sales rep with a fairly large territory - most of Oklahoma, and the Northwestern portion of Texas. I use well over a gig of data per month (and that's not from Pandora or Sirius, it's emails and web) and about 1700 minutes a month calling. I am in and out of coverage areas as I travel, and I use a task killer, and most of the time a bluetooth. I never run my battery out in a day, I just charge it at night. I am rooted, and using Launcher Pro. No complaints at all.

I would also point out that, without Verizon, you would most likely not get coverage at all in the area you are talking about. Sounds like it is searching for signal a lot.
Read this and see if you still want to use that Task Killer.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/65483-task-killers-answer-google-developers.html

GahhItsLee

Reaction score
Just because you can't do it, doesn't mean others can't. My droid could last 24 hours with 20% left with moderate usage. 40-50 texts, 30 min - 1 hour browser. Also, it ran at a 1.1 ulv 1.1ghz kernel, ondemand.

Why would you need to turn your brightness all the way down anyways if you're calling people. The screen shouldn't be on. 1 hour and a half of moderate use is definitely not normal. What apps would be draining your battery? what rom are you running. what kernel are you running?

Is it just me or is this extremely light usage? I send around 600-1000 texts on an average day and i think my use is pretty moderate

chaz.ring

Reaction score
Just because you can't do it, doesn't mean others can't. My droid could last 24 hours with 20% left with moderate usage. 40-50 texts, 30 min - 1 hour browser. Also, it ran at a 1.1 ulv 1.1ghz kernel, ondemand.

Why would you need to turn your brightness all the way down anyways if you're calling people. The screen shouldn't be on. 1 hour and a half of moderate use is definitely not normal. What apps would be draining your battery? what rom are you running. what kernel are you running?

Is it just me or is this extremely light usage? I send around 600-1000 texts on an average day and i think my use is pretty moderate

:blink: OMG.... I WILL NEVER AGAIN, CLAIM TO BE A HEAVY TEXTER AFTER READING THIS.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Meh...dont know what to tll the OP except to either get a new battery, or like others have said, order a back-up battery....

Myself, my DX with Froyo is rocking on quite awesomely as far as battery life goes..below is a post I made about this on [H]ard forum...

"On my Droid X, non-rooted since Froyo update, I routinely get 12-17 hours with above average use. My longest to date "off charger" session has been just a tad over 31 hours, again with average use....

By "average", I mean:
5-10 less than 5 minute phone calls
1-5 more than 5 minute phone calls
5-15 text and MMS messages
1-5 Facebook updates/checking Facebook
1-3 E-mail checks/deleting sessions for Gmail and Charter accounts
1 hour of MP3 playback on the commute home from work
1/2 - 1 hour of "showing off apps" to friends
1-5 YouTube video viewings

All I have done so far as "tweeks" to get this type usage? Leave the damn thing alone for the most part...lol Once Froyo came, a better Battery Manager was included, and by default the phone is always in Nighttime Saver Mode...and by battery life increased 50% easily with the update."

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Of course you think you're moderate. Everyone does. You'd really need to compare yourself to others to determine that.

Brandonovich

Reaction score

Read this and see if you still want to use that Task Killer.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/65483-task-killers-answer-google-developers.html

I was hoping someone would catch that. I have tried with and without a task killer, and I have tried memory managers, and read quite a lot on this forum about them all, and I think that I get much better performance with a task killer running.

spdivr1122

Reaction score
My phone if I turn it on at around 8 can last all day no problem til 10 or 11. I have the backlight pretty low and 1000max min until battery is at 40 %then down to 600 and when the screen is off I have it set to the lowest possible

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Those comments like that make me laugh every time.
Have you ever seen a teen text?
600 is probably 605 words tops but more likely 400 words,a bunch of acronyms and some smileys
wified from my Incredible monolith using SlideIT on Tapatalk

GahhItsLee

Reaction score

:blink: OMG.... I WILL NEVER AGAIN, CLAIM TO BE A HEAVY TEXTER AFTER READING THIS.

Thats not even on that bad of a day for me but i do have to admit i rarely make phone calls (maybe 2 calls a day)