Full Body Skins

Reaction score
I seen a lot of ads for the clear body wraps and wanted to know people's thoughts. I had one for my Crackberry from bestskinsever.com but just ordered some from www.stealthguardprotectors.com for my Moto Droid because I heard great things from a couple people.

I'd like input on the differences, if any. If anybody has tried multiple skins and likes one over another, please let me know.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
I have 3 full sets of bodyguardz complete coverage protectors sitting on my desk... I had 4, but I used one for about a week before ripping it off. The other 3 sit on my desk until someone I know wants them.

I do still have the back pieces on my droid from the first set though...only because that's the surface that gets slid across my desk and such. I didn't like the look / feel / function.

OP
wrightperspective
Reaction score
I have 3 full sets of bodyguardz complete coverage protectors sitting on my desk... I had 4, but I used one for about a week before ripping it off. The other 3 sit on my desk until someone I know wants them.

I do still have the back pieces on my droid from the first set though...only because that's the surface that gets slid across my desk and such. I didn't like the look / feel / function.

Have you used different brands or just bodyguardz? The ones at www.stealthguardprotectors.com are only $9.99 for a complete body skin so that seems like a great deal as long as they aren't too hard to put on.

Detonation

Reaction score
I've used Zagg, BSE, Phantom Skinz, and Body Guardz.

Zagg and BSE are pretty much the same. Very durable but thick and rubbery and textured looking. BSE is a lot cheaper than Zagg because it doesn't come with the warranty or fancy packaging.

Phantom Skinz is very smooth but not scratch proof. Within a month the skin looked so bad I had to take it off.

BodyGuardz is just as smooth as PS but scratch proof. No textured look but not quite as durable as Zagg/BSE - it gets marks you can see in a glare, but its a trade off for having a much clearer, smoother skin.

So, BodyGuardz has my vote. They are a decent deal as well. 2 Full body sets for $25 less whatever coupon is out there (there is always a 10% at least) plus 20% all future purchases thereafter.

OP
wrightperspective
Reaction score

Zagg and BSE are pretty much the same. Very durable but thick and rubbery and textured looking. BSE is a lot cheaper than Zagg because it doesn't come with the warranty or fancy packaging.

Phantom Skinz is very smooth but not scratch proof. Within a month the skin looked so bad I had to take it off.

BodyGuardz is just as smooth as PS but scratch proof. No textured look but not quite as durable as Zagg/BSE - it gets marks you can see in a glare, but its a trade off for having a much clearer, smoother skin.

So, BodyGuardz has my vote. They are a decent deal as well. 2 Full body sets for $25 less whatever coupon is out there (there is always a 10% at least) plus 20% all future purchases thereafter.

But the Stealth Guard Protectors have the warranty, and are scratch resistant (military grade) at about $10 for the whole body protection. That's why I am asking about those. They seem to be the best value if they are truly that good.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score

Have you used different brands or just bodyguardz? The ones at www.stealthguardprotectors.com are only $9.99 for a complete body skin so that seems like a great deal as long as they aren't too hard to put on.

No, I haven't used different brands, I just decided that I would prefer not to deal with the skins. My Droid lives in a pretty mild environment, so I don't have much to worry about.

Detonation

Reaction score

But the Stealth Guard Protectors have the warranty, and are scratch resistant (military grade) at about $10 for the whole body protection. That's why I am asking about those. They seem to be the best value if they are truly that good.

Scratch Resistant and Scratch Proof are different things...I learned that the hard way with Phantom Skinz. See my thread here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...thinking-about-getting-phantomskinz-read.html

If you want cheap, I'd go with BSE. While they don't explicitly state a warranty, their customer service is very helpful and the cost of their skins are almost the same as the costs of shipping for replacements. However you might not like their texture. Otherwise go with BodyGuardz, that's what I have now and don't have any complaints really. Use promo code mtjan2010 for 20% off, making 2 full body sets $20 total w/ free shipping.

Evare

Reaction score
I have Gadget Guard right now. Same deal as the others, they'll replace it, military grade, blah, blah, blah. They aren't worth crap. Even when you apply them right, dust, dirt, etc still gets under the edges. Pieces of mine are about to fall off and I've had it about a month, and my phone has never been in a pocket. The screen protector portion is nice, but that's about it. The only reason I haven't taken it off yet is I'm trying to find a real case that I like.

OP
wrightperspective
Reaction score
Okay...I got the skin. Since I had a skin before, I learned from that experience on how to apply without issues. This went on fairly easy (for a skin) and seems to be very good. I don't see any peeling and I tried scratching it on the back of my Droid but it's holding up. For $10 and a lifetime warranty, I think I got the hookup. Stealth Guard Protectors for Your Device gets my vote for best value.