Full 2.2.1(2.3.320) sbf

CellZealot

Reaction score
There is plenty to be excited about over on MDW that cannot be discussed or linked here on Droid Forums, unfortunately.

OP
detox

detox

Reaction score
Just got home from work and am surprised to see all of the links are still open. Thanks MDW, TBH, and everyone who made this possible. I know im excited! I had to run the system sbf the other day and am now confident if I have to run another. Thanks again

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

DroidX316

Reaction score
Another noob here..Ok i have version 2.3.15 installed right now.Android version 2.2
What exact steps do i need to get this leak installed on mt phone?
What programs will i need to do this.Thanks for understanding.

OP
detox

detox

Reaction score

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is plenty to be excited about over on MDW that cannot be discussed or linked here on Droid Forums, unfortunately.

I was being sarcastic because I want nothing to do with any updates. And people get REALLY excited about leaks, hop right into them and then the "help me threads" start. And I am very well informed of what can be said in here;)

I see the "help me" threads already.
:icon_eek:dancedroid:icon_eek:

Last edited:
OP
detox

detox

Reaction score

I was being sarcastic because I want nothing to do with any updates. And people get REALLY excited about leaks, hop right into them and then the "help me threads" start. And I am very well informed of what can be said in here;)

I figured that much. Lol. I figured, I have insurance. If I ever get completely screwed, I'll just lose my phone ;) I've already successfully sbf'd on the leak and I'll trust tbh until they give me a reason not to. Just have to wait and see what happens next. Hoping for the best

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

I figured that much. Lol. I figured, I have insurance. If I ever get completely screwed, I'll just lose my phone ;) I've already successfully sbf'd on the leak and I'll trust tbh until they give me a reason not to. Just have to wait and see what happens next. Hoping for the best

Awww, you know I always hope for the best for you:)

And you gotta love TBH!!!

B

budmonster

Couple things...

2.3.15 = 2.2 & 2.3.320 = 2.2.1, correct? 2.3.320 is the release right after 2.3.15 but it's not coming officially OTA for awhile?

I want to flash the 2.3.320, but it says on MDW that if you do you can't go back to 2.3.15. What happens if you need to un-root, say you need to send your phone back to VZW. When I un-root does it go back to stock 2.2 or does it go to un-rooted stock 2.2.1? Just wondering if VZW would take a phone with 2.3.320 on it even though it wasn't sent out yet?

3. All you need to do to go from 3.15 to 3.320 is format your "system" from CW recovery? You dont need to "wipe data/cache"?

Thanks, BUD...

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Couple things...

2.3.15 = 2.2 & 2.3.320 = 2.2.1, correct? 2.3.320 is the release right after 2.3.15 but it's not coming officially OTA for awhile?

I want to flash the 2.3.320, but it says on MDW that if you do you can't go back to 2.3.15. What happens if you need to un-root, say you need to send your phone back to VZW. When I un-root does it go back to stock 2.2 or does it go to un-rooted stock 2.2.1? Just wondering if VZW would take a phone with 2.3.320 on it even though it wasn't sent out yet?

3. All you need to do to go from 3.15 to 3.320 is format your "system" from CW recovery? You dont need to "wipe data/cache"?

Thanks, BUD...

No you can't revert back. Unrooting will not put the previous version back on. And if you send the phone back to Verizon with a version they haven't released yet I'm guessing they will know what's up and charge you full value. Although it might take them a while to get to your device. I don't know how it works when they recieve them.

B

budmonster

My point being, don't update unless you know that your not going to need to send you phone back, etc. If something on my phone stops working, I have warranty, I get a new DX sent to me in 3 days. I won't be able to get a new DX because they will most likely see I was rooted.

Even if I unrooted from the new leak my phone would still say 2.320 like you said. So I guess I'll wait for the OTA to update. I don't even know whats updated in 2.2.1, if its worth the risk.

bcals0087

Reaction score
My point being, don't update unless you know that your not going to need to send you phone back, etc. If something on my phone stops working, I have warranty, I get a new DX sent to me in 3 days. I won't be able to get a new DX because they will most likely see I was rooted.

Even if I unrooted from the new leak my phone would still say 2.320 like you said. So I guess I'll wait for the OTA to update. I don't even know whats updated in 2.2.1, if its worth the risk.

Actually all you need to do is edit the build.prop file and you can pretty much edit your phone to say whatever you want it to say for software version, android version, etc... and then you can unroot after that and you'll be good to go.

B

budmonster

Actually all you need to do is edit the build.prop file and you can pretty much edit your phone to say whatever you want it to say for software version, android version, etc... and then you can unroot after that and you'll be good to go.

if i edit the build.prop to say 2.2 and so on. once i flash the the sbf to go back to 3.320 its going to erase everything.

OP
detox

detox

Reaction score

if i edit the build.prop to say 2.2 and so on. once i flash the the sbf to go back to 3.320 its going to erase everything.

Yes it will but you will just have to reroot- edit build prop- unroot- remove z4root if that's the method you used for rooting. Also after you sbf skip the google sign in so all of your apps wont redownload. Just download necessary files to edit build prop and then remove.

The easy way to get your phone replaced is to just say you lost it. That's what I would do

USAFgunner

Reaction score
I applied 2.2.1 yesterday but lost root access. For some reason I cant get root access back. I have tried doroot and the one click root and neither one of them seem to root. I have a full nandroid backup but cant access it since I dont have root access anymore so my bootstrapper doesnt work right now :( any ideas on how to get root access back? I didnt use the update.zip method so I think my update.zip would be my original...dont know how that works, did it get replaced with the new version when I flashed it over? I guess I could experiment with the stock bootloader and see if it flashes back to 2.2 :( I just hate not having root access because now I am kind of limited on what I can do