FTP image problem

Dmoralize

Reaction score
There appears to be some sort of mystery issue when downloading images via FTP.

My brother first showed me this with his Eris. He connected to a server using the AnyFTP program and downloaded the images that were there. Those images appear on his sdcard when viewed through a file management program and they will even open and be viewable. However, they do not appear in his image gallery program. It's as if it doesn't even recognize that they exist.

Fast forward to this afternoon. I use FTPServer on my Droid and I connect to it from my PC. I transfer a few image files (1 .jpg and 1 .png). They show up in my file manager and I can open and view them. However, they do not appear in my image gallery. The folder just appears empty. Likewise, if I wanted to use a program such as Better Cut to use them as icons, I cannot pick them because it uses the gallery as a means to select images.

I can obviously get around this problem at the moment by just plugging the droid into the computer and transferring them via usb. But it is a curious issue that seems to be affecting the android platform in general.

Any ideas? I'd appreciate any insight.

coolkidd

Reaction score
Did you try to use "Cut or Copy" to a different folder in your Droid?

OP
Dmoralize

Dmoralize

Reaction score
Yeah. No matter what folder I move it to, I can only access the files through a separate file manager but the android image gallery never recognizes it. It's weird. Copy the same file via usb and it shows up fine. Same result on the Eris and Droid.

bedhead75

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem too. Handcent can't attach an image to a text message that I put onto my Droid via FTPserver. The same image transfered via USB cable attaches just fine, and can be viewed in the gallery.