1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

FTP / File host!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by nerdbox08, Mar 1, 2010.

1. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 New Member

Hello :)

I'm looking for a popular, cost effective file host, that has ftp connectivity.

I ask for a popular one because I don't want it to disappear off the face of the earth any time soon, lol.

I ask for cost effective because I don't need anything for huge files and I have no intention of sharing files, perse.

I really just want my photos and important files on a sever some place in case I need to access them some place other than home(where I have a few back ups) and god forbid, to prevent loss in case something happens to the home copies.

Thanks for suggestions guys!
  2. forkup

forkup New Member

Pm me if you want. I run a sever and may would sell you a shell.
  3. christim

christim Super Moderator

4. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 New Member

I was thinking about just looking at Google. Hrm.
  5. tthhi

tthhi New Member

Swiftp

swiftp - Project Hosting on Google Code

is... a tool that lets you run an FTP server on your phone. You should be able to access whatever files you need like that and of course, not pay some evil 3rd party host.

It should work over the internet as well as LAN, and all you need to know how to do is work an FTP client.