1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Frustrating issues with Moto Droid

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Sparksvonrou, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Sparksvonrou

Sparksvonrou New Member

I would like to be able to see, save, move, delete, files on the SD card. I just can't seem to figure out how or if this is possible. I can make a new folder but is there anyway to see what is on it now?

Also, is there any way to use the speach recognition from the bluetooth to make phone calls? It sure would make sense mobile to be able to push the bluetooth button and say a command to make it dial. Much safer!
  2. HermitObserver

HermitObserver New Member

Try a File Manager such as ASTRO or Linda File Manager. You need an app to do it since it's not built into the phone :)
  3. Sparksvonrou

Sparksvonrou New Member

Astro

Ok, thanks for the post and prompt reply. That Astro will sure do what I want with the SD card. Will the linked PC show up there too so files can be transfered?

Now... if I can find a app to do the voice dialing via bluetoot hands free!!
  4. Phillipsave

Phillipsave New Member

With Astro, your files will show up on the PC, and you can move them around, eg, with Explore. Hands-free Voice Dialing I was able to do with an App called DFX mobile, but it didn't support rooted Droids, so can only help you there if you're not rooted.
  5. Sparksvonrou

Sparksvonrou New Member

Rooted

Ok, I'm a noobie. What is rooted?
  6. JimmyD

JimmyD New Member

Here you go... >>>link>>> http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/632-what-root-means-stop-asking.html

NOTE! Don't take that thread title as an attack from me! ;) I didn't even create the thread, I'm just the messenger! ;) But really, that's a great thread for you to check out to learn what the whole "rooting" stuff all about.

Welcome to Droidforums! :)
  7. MyDroid23

MyDroid23 New Member

I don't know of any apps that would allow you to voice dial using your bt. The droid has a voice dialer so it shouldn't be that hard for someone to make such app is it?