Frustrating contacts Sync question. end of rope

swezeydroid

Reaction score
OK. So I've read two dozen threads on Droid /Gmail sync problems and how to fix them. So far none of the fixes suggested have worked for me so I'm stumped on what to do.

Here is the deal. I have a Motorola Droid 2. I'm getting email sync from Gmail with no problem. However, contacts won't sync either way from or to gmail. At one point the contacts sync did work but not anymore and I'm not sure when it stopped. It might have been when I disconnected my corporate email account but that is a total guess and may have nothing to do with it.

I've tried to force the sync. (The little arrow circles spin and it looks like its working but nothing actually syncs) I've checked and uncheck the sync box. Turned the system on and off with the sync boxes checked and unchecked. Tried taking the battery out with it unchecked then turning it back on.

I can't uninstall gmail to try and reset it because of the droids dependency on gmail. I hate to think I need to factory reset and restart.

Can't figure out what the problem is. (Also - I can't believe how many google sync problems there are posts for on this forum. Sounds like this is a major bug/system problem that manifests itself in odd ways on different devices and randomly for some peoples android phones.)

Last edited:

dannyro

Reaction score
From what I read, I think it's probably because your phone's default setting is set to sync to verizon's backup assistant. You can change it by going into your contacts setting and choosing Google, then I believe all your contacts will sync properly to Google.

OP
S

swezeydroid

Reaction score
Still no luck

Thanks dannyro for the suggestion. Unfortunately that didn't do the trick but hopefully the suggestion helps out someone else down the line.

It is a really frustrating problem. Overall my experience with the Droid has been disappointing. While some of its functionality is really great this phone has many bugs. We have three in our home, each purchased at a different time, and each one has its own unique buggy/oddball problems.