Frustrated

crownedzero

Reaction score
I've had this up on three different operating systems. Make sure that once you plug your droid in via the usb you "mount" via the phone. Once you plug in hit the notification area and click on the USB Mass Storage option. Hell, if all else fails pick up an SD card reader.

VonDroid

Reaction score
Easy drive mounting

So, this is how mounting the storage from my Droid phone worked for me.

Verizon Droid 2.0
Windows XP SP3
This is a fresh Droid system. No software installed yet.

1. Plugged in the USB
2. Noticed in the Ongoing menu (drag down the top bar) the "USB Connected, select to copy files to/from your computer."
3. Clicked on it.
4. Clicked on Mount.
5. In the file explorer My Computer, a Removable disk now showed the folders DCIM and LOST.DIR.

DCIM/Camera showed pictures I have taken and I can view them so that seems successful to me.

Now, I don't know where to put audio files yet, but that is the first step.

A couple of caveats.

1. The proper procedure in Windows after mounting a mobile USB storage device is to click on the "Safely Remove Hardware" in the start bar and click on "Safely remove Mass Storage Device F:". Then on the Droid click turn off USB storage. Otherwise you risk Windows corrupting your SD card which would mean you would have to reformat it.

2. After you have "Safely removed the hardware", you may need to reboot in order to remount the drive. XP has a bad habit of not letting you remount any USB storage device after safely removing it. Just the nature of XP.

crownedzero

Reaction score

Verizon Droid 2.0
Windows XP SP3

1. Plugged in the USB
2. Noticed in the Ongoing menu (drag down the top bar) the "USB Connected, select to copy files to/from your computer."
3. Clicked on it.
4. Clicked on Mount.
5. In the file explorer My Computer, a Removable disk now showed the folders DCIM and LOST.DIR.

DCIM/Camera showed pictures I have taken and I can view them so that seems successful to me.

A couple of caveats.

1. The proper procedure in Windows after mounting a mobile USB storage device is to click on the "Safely Remove Hardware" in the start bar and click on "Safely remove Mass Storage Device F:". Then on the Droid click turn off USB storage. Otherwise you risk Windows corrupting your SD card which would mean you would have to reformat it.

2. After you have "Safely removed the hardware", you may need to reboot in order to remount the drive. XP has a bad habit of not letting you remount any USB storage device after safely removing it. Just the nature of XP.

You can just throw stuff on the card or create your own folders; when it loads the sd card it will scan it's entirety.

OP
RayPaganJr

RayPaganJr

Reaction score
Okay. Problem solved. All that crap that the Tech had me install is now being uninstalled. I was actually skipping a step, that's where the problem was. A good night sleep, cut the grass, took a step away from the Droid, and my head was clearer. :icon_ banana:

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Verizon Droid 2.0
Windows XP SP3

1. Plugged in the USB
3. Clicked on it.
4. Clicked on Mount.

A couple of caveats.

You can just throw stuff on the card or create your own folders; when it loads the sd card it will scan it's entirety.

Yes loading it up makes it almost like you have a usb thumb drive. you can add folders delete folders, do whatever

djstar2k2

Reaction score
its pretty basic. u just mount the droid and move files but be sure that you have the usb 2.0 hardware and drivers cuz i had major probs with that with the G1

djstar2k2

Reaction score
ok i tested and yes it works just like G1. you plug usb to the phone. notification will show a usb symbol. pull down status bar. select mount. after mounting go to a pic for ex. right click the pic select send to then select removable drive. when you dismount the pic should be in your gally.

slykr

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. ;0/
I downloaded motorola media link, plugged my phone into my computer, mounted the usb and still mml won't recognize my droid. I disconnected the droid sync, thinking this would help but it didn't.

zakany

Reaction score
Sounds like bad tech support, not a bad phone. There's no need to d/l anything to put files on the phone's SD card.

Note that it's either/or. The items on your SD card are unavailable to the phone while the SD card is mounted to a PC. This is for security and operational purposes.

The Droid is like a little Linux laptop with a phone app. This allows you to do a helluva lot more with it than you could a typical phone, but it's obviously not for everyone.