Frustrated with moto droid gps

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by madmacabre, May 19, 2010.

1. madmacabre

madmacabre Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Before last night I had no problems with google maps and navigation. It was very accurate and usually got a signal within a minute.

Well last night I was driving up to Boston from providence. I tried turning on my gps and told me I was in Effing Chicago! I turned off my phone then back on but it never got it right. I got pretty lost in the process and was enraged. There was a storm over the area so perhaps that was the problem? Is there anything else I could have done to solve the problem if it happens again?

FYI it was working fine again today. I may buy a cheap gps as a back up.

2. Romple

Romple Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    When I went to Houston my Garmin GPS told me to drive 50 miles into the Gulf of Mexico. ;-p

I know some people have stated similar problems as yours but it's always temporary. Never hurts to have a backup.

3. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass Senior Member

Ratings:
    +123
  4. madmacabre

madmacabre Member

Ratings:
    +0
    perfect, thanks I've downloaded GPS status from the market as well. I just sold my old gps hoping that my phone would make a fine replacement, I hope Im still right about that

5. ILovemyDroid

ILovemyDroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yea i just bought a back up gps. There was a few times where the droid lost signal and i didnt know where i was. The droid nav is good in cities but not so good visting Aunt Rose in the boonies.

6. Mule65

Mule65 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My backup GPS is a paper map! :)

7. brochaos

brochaos Member

Ratings:
    +0
    restarting the phone ALWAYS works for me. this needs to happen every 4-5 days.