FRUSTRATED!!!!! text msg vibrate

QuietStorm007

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]OK so it seems like once I figure out one thing .. something else pops up[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Previously my phone would vibrate when I received a text message. When the phone had the ringer turned up and when it was on vibrate. No problems.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now…. doesn’t matter if the ringer is turned up or on vibrate, it doesn’t vibrate for incoming texts. I checked the settings in messages and the box is checked to vibrate for incoming messages and the phone is also set to vibrate for incoming calls as well as playing the ringtone.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Should I do a “reset” for factory settings?? I even went in there and un-checked the box and checked it again. I dunno what else to do.[/FONT]

peterjariel

Reaction score
Do a system data reset my wife had the same isue with the Eris if u have back ups of all ur stuff, make sure not to restore system settings and it should work, it worked for my wife. We found this out after she got a replacement phone. Lol oh well

OP
Q

QuietStorm007

Reaction score
Do a system data reset my wife had the same isue with the Eris if u have back ups of all ur stuff, make sure not to restore system settings and it should work, it worked for my wife. We found this out after she got a replacement phone. Lol oh well

Cool deal thank you sir!

OP
Q

QuietStorm007

Reaction score
Just wondering if that worked?

Well not too long ago I googled this issue again and everyone said to download the sound manager app (which i did) and they said it would start working again ... then .. you could uninstall it and it should still work.

I DLed the app and my vibrate works again!!!!! I am however keeping the app b/c I LOVE it. I have the ringers and volume programmed to go off and on during different times of the day. It's so nice not to have to manually do it anymore.

the reset mentioned above did not work for me (obviously) and i recommend the sound manager app