Frustrated...returning X

luv2increase

Reaction score
The random reboots is definitely a problem with the Droid X. I had this happen a couple times at the worst moments when talking to doctor clients of mine.

I have GREAT NEWS THOUGH! It has not happened once thus far since putting 2.2 on my phone the first day it came out. I think that it boils down to something in 2.1 causing issues with certain apps. I know it would happen more often with Droid Wall running. When not running, it didn't happen nearly as often but still did.

I don't run a task killer 24/7 so that wasn't it.

I think something in 2.2 fixed something, and that is all I care about. I was seriously at a point of returning this phone because of the reboots during calls. It is just unacceptable with my line of work. As I said though, it is no longer an issue!!!

@ OP,

I think you should definitely either wait for the 2.2 OTA update or update to 2.2 via the leaked version. I just about 100% guarantee that will solve your problems!

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have not seen this problem on my Droid X running 2.1

Instead of doing a factory reset, try booting into safe mode. This will temporarily disable all of the apps you've installed. If the problem goes away, you know that one of your apps is the culprit. Uninstall all the apps and systematically reinstall them until you find the culprit.

If it still has the problem, then a factory reset should be tried. After the reset, don't install any apps. Do you still have the problem? If yes, return the phone. If not, install one app at a time and test the phone methodically until you find the problem.

scottrwood

Reaction score
I would agree with other's reco that you try to trade for another DX to see if you just have a faulty unit. If still having problems, I have to tell you that I absolutely love my D2!

dancedroid

Mule65

Reaction score
Never had a reboot with my X but I'm not on Facebook.

jetdoc

Reaction score
My X has rebooted a total of Zero times, I had the DIC and it started to reboot almost daily, (not sure if they've fixed the prob or not, but it was common)......In face I've had no probs at all with my X, I love it.

You may have a funky phone, I'd return it for a new one.

Aohus

Reaction score
DX rebooted randomly for me because i was using Task Killers. Please for the love of God, if you are using some task killing app, KILL THE APP ITSELF. uninstall it, and dont ever install a task killer again. its not how android OS works. If you're killing motoblur processes, then thats your problem.

The only app i use for tweaking is resource managers, like AutoKiller. It doesn't kill any processes, but manages them better. I have gotten better battery life because of this.

Hope this helps...

Reaction score
The random reboots is definitely a problem with the Droid X. I had this happen a couple times at the worst moments when talking to doctor clients of mine.

I have GREAT NEWS THOUGH! It has not happened once thus far since putting 2.2 on my phone the first day it came out. I think that it boils down to something in 2.1 causing issues with certain apps. I know it would happen more often with Droid Wall running. When not running, it didn't happen nearly as often but still did.

I don't run a task killer 24/7 so that wasn't it.

I think something in 2.2 fixed something, and that is all I care about. I was seriously at a point of returning this phone because of the reboots during calls. It is just unacceptable with my line of work. As I said though, it is no longer an issue!!!

@ OP,

I think you should definitely either wait for the 2.2 OTA update or update to 2.2 via the leaked version. I just about 100% guarantee that will solve your problems!

having a task killer installed on your phone can cause bad problems period, whether you use it 24/7 or once a week.

Rishi P

Reaction score
my phone froze up yesterday when i sent a txt and wouldn't turn on....i had to pull the battery out and put it back in for it to work....but so far i think thats been on the only thing since i've had it for the past month

JoshXpower

Reaction score
My x did the same thing till it was rebooting every time I made a call, accelerometer went out, couldn't rotate screens. It was a piece of ****. Got a d2 today and so far I love it to death

sevinwilson

Reaction score
Random rebooting

My x randomly rebooted like multiple times a day and I tried everything. Factory reset didn't work. I took it back to verizon and they replaced it and sent one to me in two days. My new one has no problems. I would go back to verizon and get another. Don't switch to the incredible.

Cigar_Junkie

Reaction score
my phone froze up yesterday when i sent a txt and wouldn't turn on....i had to pull the battery out and put it back in for it to work....but so far i think thats been on the only thing since i've had it for the past month
Just ordered my DX but I have had a Blackberry for years and a battery pull is very normal to me :)

JoshXpower

Reaction score
LOL think of us just as complainers then because and droid smashes blackberry to a pulp

lousta52

Reaction score
I too had issues with multiple reboots on the x and never could narrow down to anything. after putting 2.2 on it it hasnt happened at all..........knock on wood.

stryguy

Reaction score
If your phone is rebooting it's most likely an app. Most likely a task killer.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk