Frozen Touch Screen

Shamey

Reaction score
This afternoon, all of the features on the external screen of my Moto Droid seem to be frozen. I can't unlock the phone, and none of the Back, Home, etc keys are working either. I took it in to a Verizon store, and the employees all claimed it was an issue due to the most recent upgrade. Anyone else having this issue? And if so, has anyone been able to fix it? Verizon's solution was to send my a refurbished phone (which I'm not at all happy with). Please advise.

Thanks!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Even after a battery pull the issue persisted

OP
Shamey

Shamey

Reaction score
I tried that after restarting it a few times, which I had accomplished only by using the Dpad to scroll

IanG

Reaction score
I tried that after restarting it a few times, which I had accomplished only by using the Dpad to scroll

Did you try physically taking the battery our for a minute or so and putting it back in?

OP
Shamey

Shamey

Reaction score
Yes. I physically pulled the battery from the phone. Am I missing something, or was that not what the first person asked?

player52

Reaction score
same thing happened to mine, the only way to fix it is to get a new one even if its a refurbished one

Detonation

Reaction score
Had this same problem after the update. Phone would lock up once every day or two. Battery pull would fix it, but Verizon had no other explanation other than a bad update and offered me a replacement.

OP
Shamey

Shamey

Reaction score
I've had my refurbished replacement just shy of two weeks and am having the exact same issue again. :icon_evil:

beerpressure

Reaction score
Bought a used phone on ebay, hasnt even been a week and the touch screen is completely unresponsive

usmcnewbee

Reaction score
My Droid 1 started freezing locking up and restarting about a week ago but I was dealing with it, today It got out of hand and the phone is unusable. Verizon tech at the store blamed it on the apps that were installed , I have had the same apps on the phone for the last 10 months with no issues and only installed one about two months ago. Know I have to wait untill Tues for a replacemnet to arrive.

beerpressure

Reaction score
Well the phone I had was from ebay and I got a refund for it since it crapped the bed 5 days after I got it.

Should I take a gamble and find another droid? I loved it while it worked.

Busteddroid

Reaction score
A hardreset wouldnt fix this problem???? Because my phone is doing the same thing and i cant really get another one. I was told doing a hard reset could fix this? i jus to kno if thats true before i do it becuase i know once u wipe the fone u have to use the touchscreen to activate it again and i dont want to me complety stuck out of the phone if the hard reset dosnt work.