Frozen on lock screen?

Princess

Reaction score
Ours freeze too

Noticed some of you were able to stop the freeze problem by re-setting the phone and starting all over again. When I talked to Verizon (3x since we have had the phones on 12/26/09), no one knew what I was talking about. Of course. I plan to take our phones into a tech at the Verizon store. If they don't fix it, I'm going back to my old "simple" phone!!

I didn't reset my phone to the factory settings, but my husband did and his phone STILL freezes. Mine does too.

Oh, and FYI, don't use the Antivirus APP...must have a bug

apugh77

Reaction score
Mine Locks Too

Seems like a popular problem. Mine locks up during incoming calls...does not affect the call, but won't close and is locked at the end of the call.

Have had phone for about a month and it only happened once in the first few weeks. However, it has happened once a day for the last 4 days now. Each time, I have removed battery and it worked fine.

Unforunately, one of the times, my daughter was in the middle of a semi-emergency - locked her keys in her car and it was freezing outside. She was at a gas station and I needed to call help for her and then call her back. The restarting of the phone made me wonder how reliable it would be in a real emergency when minutes or even seconds count!!!:icon_eek:

kongeng

Reaction score
After experiencing this problem for about 2 weeks -- I read somewhere HTC recommends that you 'clear the browser's cache -- under settings' and re-start (shutdown, take battery out and wait 3 seconds). I have not experienced the freezed problem afterwords. Also, i've decided to use another browser ( dolphin browser) instead of built-in browser. I'll follow up if the problem re-appears.

KinderwoodLabs2

Reaction score
Any follow up on this issue? I'm on my 2nd replacement phone with this issue and it's getting very frustrating. It locks up after my call ends and I'm really sick of visiting the Verizon store with the issue because they don't seem to know (or care, take your pick) about it. Any word on whether the 2.X update may fix it?

Thanks!

Burtonbell

Reaction score
The problem I am having with my wife's Eris is that it keeps sliding all the way to the very left screen (the first) and then freezes up there. I hit the home key, use the roll ball, use the touch screen and nothing works. Once it's frozen it takes forever to move or respond. I tried to restart the phone, take the battery out, etc. and nothing seems to be working.
When it finally decides to work it is very slow, and continues to slide the screen all the way to the far left screen.

Any suggestions?

yamaha83

Reaction score
anyone have any success with a factory reset? my wifes phone is doing this... think ill give that a try and ill just back up all the apps/contacts/SMS/MMS and such with mybackup...

jl071597

Reaction score
my phone screen is frozen all of the time. even when i go to my text messages it frezzez up on my once i took an hour just for me to reply to a text message just because i couldnt get the screen to work:mad:

sjproctor

Reaction score
Eris Screen Locks after call

I have had my Eris for a few weeks. In the past few days it has locked 3 times. Each time I received a call while the phone was plugged in to my laptop (for charging the batter). The phone was on but "sleeping". I answered an incoming call, ended the call and then could not make anything happen on the screen. I also could not use any of the home/menu/back/search buttons on the bottom of the screen. I could not power off the phone. After I removed the battery and the phone powered up it worked normally. The tech at the Verizon store did a hard reset of the phone. He said I may have had too many apps running, so I am using Advanced Task Killer now but it still recurred. I have received some incoming calls when the phone was "sleeping" when it didn't lock up. The only thing in common with the three times it locked up was that it was plugged into the power source each time. I don't know if that is the problem or not, but I'm trying to pay attention to better diagnose the problem. Anyone have a real solution to this problem? Anyone gotten a good answer out of Verizon?

lowtech

Reaction score
I have had my Eris for a few weeks. In the past few days it has locked 3 times. Each time I received a call while the phone was plugged in to my laptop (for charging the batter). The phone was on but "sleeping". I answered an incoming call, ended the call and then could not make anything happen on the screen. I also could not use any of the home/menu/back/search buttons on the bottom of the screen. I could not power off the phone. After I removed the battery and the phone powered up it worked normally. The tech at the Verizon store did a hard reset of the phone. He said I may have had too many apps running, so I am using Advanced Task Killer now but it still recurred. I have received some incoming calls when the phone was "sleeping" when it didn't lock up. The only thing in common with the three times it locked up was that it was plugged into the power source each time. I don't know if that is the problem or not, but I'm trying to pay attention to better diagnose the problem. Anyone have a real solution to this problem? Anyone gotten a good answer out of Verizon?

I've had my Eris since November. I found out pretty quickly that I cannot get consistent responses from it when it's plugged in, no matter what I might be trying to do. I don't know why. Once I accepted the fact, I have had no more problems. If I want to use it, I unplug it... just the way it is! :)

Mabel_babyy

Reaction score
the SAME thing happened to my Droid Eris . i Pressed the Update then it stood on the Triangle screen or something for SOO long, so i took the battery out & when i turned it back on it didnt go passed the White Screen with the 3 little Androids . So im probably gonna get it replaced tomorroe :'(

moma6poms

Reaction score
my phone froze up on me a while back and I found a site that said I was using too much memory. My email was not clearing completely out even when I cleared the cache. I have 1 email I check that has too much in it, I've been trying to reset what and how it checks it but it isn't quite tweaked yet. I had to go into my phone through my computer and delete files. *My Opinion* is that it's the memory, in my case it is/was the email memory. I thought it could have been apps on mine as well but I took off more than I had added and it didn't help. I know the buttons and touch screen are the most affected by memory and battery strength - if either one is too far out of requirements they either quit or lock up. If I have to go into it to clear some memory again I'm going to root it and see if that helps. Heck, just being able to restore it will be an improvement.

JbradleyA

Reaction score
Same problem

I have a brand new phone....2 days old & it freezes every time the screen locks. Starting to miss my Blackberry Storm

kyle2351

Reaction score
What are you runing on your phone. Frg83d or a ctm. Rom. My phone did that win I was runing. "Bugless Beast V0.6.2 Android 2.2.1 AOSP"

sent frome droidforum app
SimplyStunning v4.95
clockworkmod 2.5.0.1
FRG83D 2.2.1 rooted