Frozen @ Liberty Boot Screen

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
So Ive SBF'd twice today and Im not really happy about it. Went from a fresh sbf froyo install, root, boot strap, install .04 full, now im stuck and the yellow/black fist image. Let it sit for 15 minutes, no boot animation, nothing. Happened twice already. Had no problems installing .01 or .03. Going to try to sbf one more time and install .01, .03, then ,04 and see what happens.

dakisback

Reaction score
Long time lurker here. I have been having this exact same problem. ever since doing the 0.4 Liberty GB nightly, I have been having trouble getting past the boot logo. I can't even restore backups properly even after sbf back to .340 they always hang at boot logo :/

debrad0307

Reaction score
I actually had the same problem. Mine was about a week ago. I got stuck at the boot screen and all of my back ups were gone. I ended up sbf'ing back to stock, erasing everything on my SD card rerooting, and installed liberty 2.0.1. I haven't tried the GB nightly yet.. waiting to see if this issue gets fixed.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

craig7220

Reaction score
I've had boot loops alot but I flashed everytime a new thing comes along. I've only had to sbf twice and that was my doing. I pull the battery, that hold down the home key and power button. When you see the logo, release buttons. When you see the little guy with the triangle, press both volume buttons at same time. At the blue menu, scroll down to wipe and factory reset. Use the power button to make selection and after its done, reboot. This has gotten me out of about every bootloop I've encountered.

dakisback

Reaction score
I've had boot loops alot but I flashed everytime a new thing comes along. I've only had to sbf twice and that was my doing. I pull the battery, that hold down the home key and power button. When you see the logo, release buttons. When you see the little guy with the triangle, press both volume buttons at same time. At the blue menu, scroll down to wipe and factory reset. Use the power button to make selection and after its done, reboot. This has gotten me out of about every bootloop I've encountered.

It's not a boot loop... It's a failure at the boot logo. i.e. the phone fails to begin booting.

dakisback

Reaction score
I found a way to get into clockwork mod if your phone is stuck at the boot logo :)

1. Power the phone completely down.

2. Connect it to a power source i.e computer or wall outlet.

3. You should see the charging screen after the boot logo (give it about 30 seconds to appear)

4.After you see the charging screen unplug the phone

5.The Phone should power off after it is unplugged.

6.Hold the power button and volume down at the same time until you see the boot logo.

7.As soon as you see the boot logo release the power button and continue holding volume down and you should be in clockwork mod recovery

Hope that helps!

craig7220

Reaction score

It's not a boot loop... It's a failure at the boot logo. i.e. the phone fails to begin booting.

Oh. OK I had that happen twice and the only way I could get out of it was to sbf. Sorry I couldn't help ya.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock

Oh. OK I had that happen twice and the only way I could get out of it was to sbf. Sorry I couldn't help ya.

I'm no tech expert, but let me make an observation/suggestion: The problem may lie in you using the full v.4 installation, rather than installing LGB v.1 then upgrading. When I moved from Liberty 2.0.1, the only option was to install v.1, and subsequently, I opted for the "update" to v.4, rather than the full install - not because I thought there might be a problem with the full install, but because I'm lazy, and figured the update would probably be quicker. I have had *no* problems, going "up the ladder" through updates, and I've seen on several threads on several forums that people are running into boot problems with the "full" version of v.4 on their phones.

Just a thought...

-Mike

chefb

Reaction score
I found a way to get into clockwork mod if your phone is stuck at the boot logo :)

1. Power the phone completely down.

2. Connect it to a power source i.e computer or wall outlet.

3. You should see the charging screen after the boot logo (give it about 30 seconds to appear)

4.After you see the charging screen unplug the phone

5.The Phone should power off after it is unplugged.

6.Hold the power button and volume down at the same time until you see the boot logo.

7.As soon as you see the boot logo release the power button and continue holding volume down and you should be in clockwork mod recovery

Hope that helps!

Do you mean clockwork or stock recovery?