1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Froyo'd Beast v0.1

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by tonyr0802, Jun 14, 2010.

1. tonyr0802

tonyr0802 New Member

I hope I don't get blasted for this, but I can't keep up with the main thread. I'd like to install this ROM, but want to know before hand if it's stable or too buggy. Looked like there were some bugs initially, but unsure if they're fixed now and didn't see any summarization anywhere.

So-
    Is there a summary of known issues on this build? If so, are there fixed listed if available?

Is there a list of working themes as well?
  2. bitter

bitter New Member

It's really not that stable as of right now. He released it as an RC because people were getting antsy. I know that he's working on 0.2 right now, and he says it's "epic".
  3. Shivv

Shivv New Member

I would disagree. I've been running it since the day after release and I've had almost no problems. I just wish loading one Flash element on a page didn't cause them all to load.
  4. bitter

bitter New Member

Don't get me wrong, I've been running it since day one, and I've had 0 issues with it. But we all know that everyone is different.

The one thing that REALLY grinds my gears is the fact that we know have the updated mms.apk yet.
  5. captaincanada84

captaincanada84 New Member

Second that. I've had no problems at all.
  6. Shaneathan

Shaneathan New Member

When I installed it I could no longer install apps from my SD Card and the phone ringer wouldn't work. I'm back on 1.1 (which took a lot of work too). I'll wait for a stable release.
  7. mentaloaf

mentaloaf New Member

I'm no issues either since day one of 0.1...my only issues were all kernel related
  8. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

9. ashkev843

ashkev843 New Member

I have had 0 problems with it. Only one random restart, but that was because of the kernel i switched to.
  10. scubasteve101

scubasteve101 New Member

I too have had zero issues with this ROM and I've been running it since the day it was release.

Have you tried a browser other than the stock one? At first I was under the impression that Flash would only work through the stock browser but I was wrong. Dolphin HD handles site with Flash much better in my opinion, the stock one was pretty slow an not responsive.
  11. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy New Member

Im running 0.1 and so is my buddy, i walked him through installation and neither of us are having any of the issues everyones talking about. I also don't use titanium back up or anything along those lines..just a clean reinstall and let my old apps re-download.
  12. thegipper

thegipper New Member

Recently rooted and installed BB v0.1 and have no issues.
    Wifi - works
    flash - works (haven't played much though with it)
    marketplace - works
    camera - works

Seriously not a single FC or random reboot. I'm so happy i think i'm gonna go donate a few bucks.
  13. mentaloaf

mentaloaf New Member

Just tried dolphina and I have to say I prefer xscope
  14. rbbrock

rbbrock New Member

I too have been running this Rom, with Pete's updated baseband and the P3 1250 kernel, with zero issues. I say go for it.
  15. RyanS2000

RyanS2000 New Member

Sorry if this has been asked multiple times, but can Froyo v0.1 be update.zip installed over v1.1?
  16. kristoff125

kristoff125 New Member

Thinking of any issues, MMS seems to be a problem for people, but I never use it so I don't know, my market was very buggy and liked to FC for a day or so, now it works after all the old apps were reinstalled. other than that, finding a kernel to work with froyo and my phone was fun, but that's done. Considering all my issues have been resolved, I'm loving it.

I think Pete said it can be installed through update over anything.
  17. foxrider010970

foxrider010970 New Member

Same here Zero Issues, very stable and fast. I'm OC to 1Ghz and Using Luncher Pro
  18. pigpen

pigpen New Member

I just finally caved in and did the 2.1 root install, and then grabbed the rom manager pro from the market and tried Petes stable 1.1. I couldnt resist and went for it and am now running 2.2 BB v0.1 with no issues and loving it. Havent done the baseband update yet and i'm running the 800 MHz kernel that came with the rom, but thats ok. All is well. Too much to explore at the moment. I do have the xscope browser installed, but everything is running very smooth and quick so far, i have no negative judgements to qualify.

MFLOPS for me with this are between 11.003 and 12.331. Temp has been hovering at 30.0 C

Thanks Pete.
  19. Johnly

Johnly Guest

I ran the ROM for three days, very stable, very fast and smooth. Sure, a few kinks, and Pete will address those, (I only noticed my search widget was a different color, using launcher pro, nothing unstable. Pete wouldn't release junk because people were getting anxious : )
  20. isey78

isey78 New Member

no problems here with bugless